• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hiatus - and a WishList

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I am taking a break.

My computer is dying, and I'm becoming bored. Anyways, I have a few projects I want to finish, then I am probably gonna start working on REAL gamedev stuff instead of just Brawl Hacking. I was curious on what out of all my old stuff people wanted to be fixed. Heres my list so far is stuff to do when I get back.

1. BCSM-GUI v2.0 based on BrawlBox's completely legal BRSTM encoder.(And with no volume bugs, and a online database of songs)
  2. Alternate Stage Loader 2.0 that loads the Stage Data from inside some other file instead of inside the code(Brawl+ GCT could then include the Alternate Stage Loader, and then people could just edit one file to edit the alternate stages)
  3. OpenSA2 with editing. MAYBE. I really want to finish this, but honestly, almost no one cares about it. Brawl Hacking is on a downward decline IMO.
  4. .....your idea here. I have to be forgetting something....
Anyways, post your ideas in this thread, keep them realistic, and I will consider doing them. Brawl+ people, don't worry, I'm still gonna work on Brawl+, just not as much XD

shanus

Smash Hero
OSA2 eidtting for common3.pac editting for making epic fighter.pac codes :-O

NNID
Budget_Player
I am taking a break.

My computer is dying, and I'm becoming bored. Anyways, I have a few projects I want to finish, then I am probably gonna start working on REAL gamedev stuff instead of just Brawl Hacking. I was curious on what out of all my old stuff people wanted to be fixed. Heres my list so far is stuff to do when I get back.

1. BCSM-GUI v2.0 based on BrawlBox's completely legal BRSTM encoder.(And with no volume bugs, and a online database of songs)
  2. Alternate Stage Loader 2.0 that loads the Stage Data from inside some other file instead of inside the code(Brawl+ GCT could then include the Alternate Stage Loader, and then people could just edit one file to edit the alternate stages)
  3. OpenSA2 with editing. MAYBE. I really want to finish this, but honestly, almost no one cares about it. Brawl Hacking is on a downward decline IMO.
  4. working clone engine
Anyways, post your ideas in this thread, keep them realistic, and I will consider doing them. Brawl+ people, don't worry, I'm still gonna work on Brawl+, just not as much XD
OpenSA with editing would be awesome. Seriously. It would be everything PSA is, plus a lot more, and less buggy (?) (opening PT/DDD, not giving file inflation errors, maybe better file size stuff). And then there's the articles... Please please please finish that. It would be awesome, and it would suck if you just quit before finishing it. :ohwell:

Sucks that you're gonna be gone, but oh well. Hope working on your own games works out well for ya.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i Am Taking A Break.

My Computer Is Dying, And I'm Becoming Bored. Anyways, I Have A Few Projects I Want To Finish, Then I Am Probably Gonna Start Working On Real Gamedev Stuff Instead Of Just Brawl Hacking. I Was Curious On What Out Of All My Old Stuff People Wanted To Be Fixed. Heres My List So Far Is Stuff To Do When I Get Back.

1. bcsm-gui V2.0 Based On Brawlbox's Completely Legal Brstm Encoder.(and With No Volume Bugs, And A Online Database Of Songs)
  2. alternate Stage Loader 2.0 That Loads The Stage Data From Inside Some Other File Instead Of Inside The Code(brawl+ Gct Could Then Include The Alternate Stage Loader, And Then People Could Just Edit One File To Edit The Alternate Stages)
  3. opensa2 With Editing. Maybe. I Really Want To Finish This, But Honestly, Almost No One Cares About It. Brawl Hacking Is On A Downward Decline Imo.
  4. .....your Idea Here. I Have To Be Forgetting Something....
Anyways, Post Your Ideas In This Thread, Keep Them Realistic, And I Will Consider Doing Them. Brawl+ People, Don't Worry, I'm Still Gonna Work On Brawl+, Just Not As Much Xd
:(

10:(

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Would the ASL 2.0 work over wifi, as in both people using the same codes and files get the same stage? Cause if there is a way to do that, it'd be amazing. But worry about that later, for now you have a break to be on.

Also, don't think that OpenSA2 with editing is not worth doing, it's not that Brawl Hacking is decreasing, it's just that the huge rush of people who started are gone, and the bandwagon people have been weeded out. I know I can't wait for OpenSA2 with editing.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
OpenSA2 with editing. MAYBE. I really want to finish this, but honestly, almost no one cares about it. Brawl Hacking is on a downward decline IMO.

I'm concurring with OpenSA2 being an incredibly useful tool.

I'm also really surprised you think Brawl hacking is on a decline; to me it feels like it's rapidly accelerating. I mean, we're this close to getting models from other games. *is pumped for Zero*

It's always good to take a break every now and again though. I'll just be lookin' forward to when ya get back.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You should change your statement about how no one cares about OpenSA2, almost everyone in this thread said they want it, and I've been waiting for it for quite a while ('cause PSA has to many bugs).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
+1 to OpenSA2. There is literally not one Brawl hacker who doesn't want OpenSA2. :p

I know one thing everyone...or at least, people who keep asking me...is the Brawl Mod Launcher back in action with the File Patcher modified to load stuff in different directories. Would there be a way to remake this (with source) off of the 1.9.3.1 source?

With multiple projects...you can see where this is heading...lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion
OpenSA2 sounds amazing. Article editing? Adding lines to subactions? If you think that no one cares about it then perhaps we should pester you more!

It's good to take a break every now and then. Hope your comp problems get worked out.

Brawl hacking ain't dead yet.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Dantarion, I think you'll find that once model and sound importing are working smoothly, custom characters are going to see a massive rise in popularity and quality, and OPSA2 will be a big part in how that rise fares.

Something to consider.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've been wanting a heavily updated PSA or OpenSA forever. Don't think we don't want something because we're not complaining we have it. :p

humble

Smash Ace
I agree about OpenSA, everyone really wants it and we all are looking forward to progress on it and when it will become available.

The Brawl Hacking community is actually speeding up, especially with BrawlWall, OpenSA, and soon entirely new models, our dreams are coming true before our eyes.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I am taking a break.

4. .....your idea here. I have to be forgetting something....
Obligatory +1 for OpenSA2.

A new BCSM-GUI would be amazing :D
Where would you host the online database?

Take a break though if you want to.
There's no point in continuing if you don't enjoy it anymore.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Okay okay, OpenSA2 will be completed! SHEESH!
Haha, mission complete~ Will this include editing PSAs without dramatically increasing file sizes? It would help tremendously with editing the likes of ZSS, Samus, and Pit.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There is literally not one Brawl hacker who doesn't want OpenSA2. :p
...What the hell is OpenSA? XD

Anyways, the BCSM and ASL thing sound rather awesome. It's be nice to have the volume problems fixed and to not have to edit the code everytime I add a new stage. :3

Has anything thought of a way to change Song ID yet? Like the WWR will play music from New Pork City or something? o.o

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I love your BCSM GUI. An improved version would be amazing and I would love you even more. Alternate Stage Loader 2.0=great idea

And of course... OpenSA2. I won't rant about it because you already said you'd work on it.

We'll miss you, Dant! good luck with your other projects.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
+1 OpenSA2
The BCSM-GUI v2 would be lovely if volume normalizing were a feature that could be turned on or off

Yes, we'll all miss you. Ty for the awesome stuff you've made.

D

Deleted member

Dant, it sucks to see you go. I don't really know what OpenSA is really used for, but it sounds important :p

I'd LOVE for you to create some sort of GUI for the Alternate Stage Loader. That thing still mystifies me. :( :( :( :( :( :(

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
+1 to OpenSA (just beating a dead horse here)!

...Have a great hiatus! You really deserve it.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Aw Dantarion. It seems like everyones leaving. Then again Brawl Hacking aint the most fun thing.

See ya man. it was cool. And all i request. Is a way to automate the Vertex exporting and importing process.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I'm really interested in here is the clone engine and true model replacement, but last I heard other people were covering those.

One vote for OpenSA.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have 2.

1. I want to be able to install the programs on my SD card so I can take it to my laptop where the magic happens as the laptop currently doesn't have a connection to go on so whatever I DL from another terminal has to go on the SD card to transfer.

2. To have openSA to open the common3.pac. Take your time with this and please make sure it's bug free.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I have just 2.

release another version of brawl mod launcher so I can carry around multiple GCT in the same SD and not have to go to a laptop to change <3

and uh, the stuff that you said you wanted to get done in your blog [Per Character Victory Themes and perhaps inf. replays? if not just getting that replay forcer code I had today to default to SD instead of wii/and or be able to toggle'd off discreetly]

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
  4. Finish decoding AI files.
That's what you're forgetting.;)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
ALRIGHT! GUI 2.0! Hope you finish this once you get back, I'll be anxiously awaiting :)

Top Bottom