• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi my name is Gyom, whats your name?

Gyom

Smash Rookie
Hey guys/gals,

I (like many others I'm assuming) recently watched the smash brothers documentary which kind of illuminated the whole ssb scene/community to me. I'm a little late to the party I suppose, but that film really made me want to be a part of this so here I am.

I've been playin super smash since I was a kid on the N64, played melee a whole lot when I had a gamecube back in early 2000s. At the time I was living in Canada, but now I am living and working full time in Switzerland. I tried Brawl but never really got into it as much as the others. When I played a lot of melee, I was a big fan of Falco and Marth. Can't really say why, just happened to be the two characters I felt were best. I am also impatiently waiting for the new ssb wiiu of course (fingers crossed it comes out good)!

I never played this game remotely as hardcore as what I've seen in the film or the discussions I've seen on reddit. My friends and I use to go at it pretty hard but apart from DI and L-canceling, that was it in terms of technicality. You guys have shown me that this game can go a lot deeper than that.

I've never been to any sort of formal tournament for ssb, let alone any other game. I'm an avid gamer, but free time is in short supply compared to the good old days. Would love to meet some people and get some games in if your around the Vaud region of Switzerland. Would love to see a local community sprout around this game and possibly the new Wii u version.

In any case I'll be around these forums, thanks for reading my little intro and smash on!

-Gyom

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there Gyom, nice to meet you.

It's funny, I've always felt that Falco and Marth kinda go hand in hand as character selections. Felt that way in Brawl as well.

On another note, since you're a Switzerland Smasher, I'll recommend the Swiss Smash Facebook Social if you didn't know about it already. Social media is the best way to keep up with the community as far as meeting up with people, tournaments, etc.

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums :)

Top Bottom