• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi-Ho, Cherry-Oh! Sakura Samurai for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman

"This boy has traveled a long distance from his small hometown in order to master the way of the sword. During his journey, while on the banks of a pond, he hears the voice of a Kappa who offers to train him and enlists the boy's help to save Princess Cherry Blossom. He is supremely skilled at the art of sword drawing, drawing his blade in the blink of an eye and using the momentum to strike at his target. He goes by the name Sakura Samurai."

Symbol: A sword. Frog. Cherry blossom silhouette.

Normal moves consists of well-timed and intricate sword play, of course, but to differentiate Sakura Samurai from Link, Ike, Marth, Roy, Toon Link, and a potential Takamaru:

Special/B: Whetstone:
Swords are delicate. The more you hit your opponent's weapon, the blade will get nicked, and eventually lose its strength. Use a whetstone to sharpen your sword and increase damage.

Side Special/B: Frogs Plus:
  • Frog; throw a slimy frog at your foe, and he will cringe back in disgust, giving you an opening. When this happens, strike swiftly.
or
  • Rice cake; this delicious treat, filled with red bean paste, will flood you with strength in a jiffy (but not really). Damage recovery of 1%.
or
  • Throwing dagger; swift, speedy, but not overly powerful.

Down Special/B: Dodge!:
When you see a naked blade (fist, spines, or whatever) whirring towards you, let it come as close as you can before dodging. If you're successful, the enemy will be stunned, startled by your incredible speed. Then, quickly get in a slash–or two!

Up Special/B: Sakura wind:
A blowing wind of cherry blossoms will propel the young boy upwards and sidways, with his sword aimed in that direction.

Final Smash: Sakura Power:
Sakura Samurai unleashes a whirlwhind of sword slashes whose attack extends further than the blade itself (think: Link's Final Smash). Oh! And there's cherry blossoms there. Can't forget about those cherry blossoms!

3DS stage: Oh, you know, any feudal Japan setting will due. Grass, waterfalls, bamboo plants, castles, and such-and-such.

Assist trophy: Master Melonbowl! He'll toss a barrage of watermelons at you. Just be mindful that he's wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a smile.

A time even more distant than long, long ago.
A time when men and gods still
shared the Earth. On the banks of a
mountain spring, there stood a beautiful,
ancient cherry tree, a sakura.

Even though the sakura was centuries old,
it rioted with blossoms,
and in that tree lived one young, beautiful goddess.

This is a tale of that beautiful goddess of light,
Princess Cherry Blossom.
Of a kappa, the master of the spring.
And of one young boy---

A tale of long ago. A tale of a sakura tree.
In the mountain in the land of dawn,
the gods dwell. ---

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hed be a cool inclusion

and would be interesting for there to be a character that had different names between english version (as hed be called hana samurai in europe)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I figured the name would be different in Japan (Hirari Sakura Zamurai), but I didn't realize it was changed in Europe. Perhaps a similar situation as Star Fox/Lylat Wars?

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'd be content with Sakura Samurai being a clone of Takamaru. ;)
Actually, while I've enjoyed the game somewhat, Sakura Samuria: Art of the Sword doesn't seem to hold the weight as the other major download-only 3DS games from Nintendo. It's gotten a lot of praise, but doesn't have the following of Pushmo/Crashmo or the awareness of Dillon's Rolling Western.

I just think the character would lend himself well to the Smash Bros. series.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This would actually be very interesting. If he replaces Takumaru, I'd be fine with it. I support.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I somehow mixed Sakura and Samurai together and thought the thread title said Sakurai for Smash. :laugh:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I've had to double-check my spelling in this thread a few times just to make sure I didn't make that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom