• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey!

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Hi! I don't have much to put on here, but I only recently took an interest in Smash. I'm hoping to get SSB4 for the 3DS which I'm sure will be awesome! The "VGC" in my name refers to Video Game Championships for Pokemon, which I play a lot in my free time. I hope to start playing competitively shortly after I get the game! :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to the forums! Although you've only recently gained interest in Smash, have you played any of the others?

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Welcome to the forums! Although you've only recently gained interest in Smash, have you played any of the others?
I've played lots of Nintendo games, but not any games in the Smash bros franchise if that's what you mean :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, that's what I meant. That's interesting though - you're among the rare few around here that will have his/her first Smash experience with the new installments. Hope they leave a nice impression!

Well now I'm curious to hear about your favorite Nintendo franchises/games since you brought it up :)

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Yeah, that's what I meant. That's interesting though - you're among the rare few around here that will have his/her first Smash experience with the new installments. Hope they leave a nice impression!

Well now I'm curious to hear about your favorite Nintendo franchises/games since you brought it up :)
My favourite is Pokemon by far, especially with so many tournaments for it and its competitive side is really fun which is what made me interested in smash! My others are Fire Emblem and Mario :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice! We share a common favorite (Fire Emblem). I typically don't include Pokemon and Mario because they're just so huge (basically, it's not uncommon for people to like both franchises so I just never mention them), but I enjoy the games very much.

Other than that, LoZ and Star Fox just to name a couple others.

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Nice! We share a common favorite (Fire Emblem). I typically don't include Pokemon and Mario because they're just so huge (basically, it's not uncommon for people to like both franchises so I just never mention them), but I enjoy the games very much.

Other than that, LoZ and Star Fox just to name a couple others.
That's awesome! I agree with them being very large but I couldn't think of other Nintendo games I liked :p On another note, I wonder if the 3DS version will be as competitive as the Wii U version :/

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My guess is that right out the gate, the 3DS version will be competitive since it'll be the only version out and people would like to test their skills. Once the Wii U version is out, it'll be up to the community on how the 3DS version gets treated. If people care and are willing to put in the effort, the 3DS version should have no problem sustaining itself. The Wii U version will be the main competitive title without a doubt though imo.

Or did you mean competitive as in gameplay wise? Both games should play out the same. More so, it'll be a matter on getting comfortable playing Smash on a handheld and performing techniques given the different controls. Things like that.

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
My guess is that right out the gate, the 3DS version will be competitive since it'll be the only version out and people would like to test their skills. Once the Wii U version is out, it'll be up to the community on how the 3DS version gets treated. If people care and are willing to put in the effort, the 3DS version should have no problem sustaining itself. The Wii U version will be the main competitive title without a doubt though imo.

Or did you mean competitive as in gameplay wise? Both games should play out the same. More so, it'll be a matter on getting comfortable playing Smash on a handheld and performing techniques given the different controls. Things like that.
No, you interpreted it right! I've seen many people hating the 3DS version for some unknown reason, but the fact is that you can take it anywhere with you! After the Wii U version comes out, I think the 3DS version will just be overshadowed by it. :(

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the 3DS version. It's a brand new experience for Smash, so it's kind of hard not to be. Regardless, even after the Wii U version is out, I'll still be making great use of both versions. I just know having Smash on-the-go will be so clutch, and everyone is still waiting to hear more information on how the two will connect.

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the 3DS version. It's a brand new experience for Smash, so it's kind of hard not to be. Regardless, even after the Wii U version is out, I'll still be making great use of both versions. I just know having Smash on-the-go will be so clutch, and everyone is still waiting to hear more information on how the two will connect.
I hope we can add each other when it comes out! :D

Top Bottom