• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Smash People!

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
How's it going? They call me Danmunition (and by "they" I mean "me". And "you", if you like) I'm a huge fan of Smash and with tears in my eyes wish I could attend a tournament. My only problem is where I live, as I'm not aware of any Smash tournaments in South Africa. But if I'm wrong I would love to know that I am.

I have fifteen top Smash characters (five from each title) they are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Samus, Fox, Zelda, Falco, Ganondorf, Marth, Ice-Climbers, Meta Knight, Ike, Pokemon Trainer(especially Charizard), Pit and Sonic.

I am a software developer by profession, but would love to code games instead. At home I'm currently working on a sequel for Little Samson, my favourite game of the 8-bit platformer era, just for my enjoyment, but I often find myself procrastinating by playing Smash instead.

So who's out here? Will anyone engage me? I'd love to meet more Smashers!

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
Hey man! Welcome! I also joined smashboards recently so... Haha! Anyways i see you play quite a handful of characters you to play. (We play jigs falco and pit in common actually). Is there any reason for picking the characters you chose?

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
More or less. I generally go for speedy/stealthy/flying/warping characters (and element-wise I like fire, electricity, wind and ice). In my Smash 64 days, Pikachu's quick-attack impressed me right from the start (even though it did not do any damage back then) and he's electric. Fox was the fastest starter and his Firefox (and later Fox Illusion) are sort-of in my taste. Samus impressed me with her charge shot, Jigglypuff has been one of my favourite pokemon from the very beginning and her aerial handling is awesome. Luigi is mine for sentimental reasons. My twin bro and I have always been Mario and Luigi respectively.

When Melee arrived, I liked Falco for the same reason I like Fox, and as an added bonus he jumps like a champ. Zelda has the warping powers which I like and her aerial side-attacks deal some serious blows. Marth is quick on attacking and fast on his feet, and I like swords. Like Falco, I like the Ice-Climbers for their jumping abilities (and the sweet air you get and damage you deal with Belay), as well as their ice-element. Ganondorf is a refreshing departure from my usual trends. I am in awe of his great power and few things are more satisfying than connecting a Warlock Punch or sweetspotting his down-aerial

As for Brawl, my enjoyment in using Ike is something between Marth and Ganondorf. I've always been a fan of Sonic (and his speed). Pit has his flight, Charizard has been my favourite Pokemon since my Red Version days, and Meta Knight is basically everything I like in a character.

Now you may be able to think of a character or two I should like given my tastes whom I HAVEN'T listed. That's complicated and involves being one of a pair of twins who share everything

So after that mouthful, tell me about your characters and what you like about them?

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
Well for the most part, my play style is tends to switch from defensive and camp with projectiles to Attack everytime i can with grabs and combos. That being said, i like playing falco, pit, puff, and sheik for the most part.

I really kind of started off playing Project M not knowing anything so i decided to play out for the heck if it. And well with the way i play i use pits arrows to zone myself from my opponent and start everything with grabs so pit really worked well for me. The same goes for falco with his lasers and his insane Ariels.

Sheik is a character i tend to play in melee. I kinda like the way sheik plays because of her really good ability to zone out and start combos with her tilts. Theres not really much to explain with that haha.

Jigglypuff is more of a pocket to me however i do have a lot of fun when playing her. Even though she's so easy to KO and such she has literally sooo many jumps to aid her in her attacks. Also her rest is EXTREMELY satisfying when you actually land it haha!

That's pretty much it. But around the end of your post i couldn't help but notice your reference to a certain the ice climbers maybe? Im not sure if you were refering to them both or if you were talking about so-po specifically. I'd be delighted to hear about that! Also i really like your choice in characters! It would've been nice to play you! Hah

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
I've never played Project M. Are the Ice Climbers two seperate characters there? I generally play the Ice Climbers with Popo in the lead, although I can't think that it makes much difference. I'm sure if we played you'd beat me to a pulp, but I'd still be happy to get my Smash Skills out there and experience some hardcore Smash. While I'm good in my household I've never really experienced a Smash tournament. (although I'd REEEEALLY love to. Have I said that? LOL)

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
well project m is basically smash bros brawl except it's designed more like melee. (So melee with more characters and more maps) alb ought it's not on a disc, you'd have to download it and play it on an ds card. but in both melee and project m ice climbers is always together. But if nana decides to die, popo is usually referred to as so-po which stands for solo popo haha. And yeah i have the same experience. A guy just wants to get better and show off what he's got outside of the house! Hahaha

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
Ohh, now I understand. Yes, I can sort-of hold my own as "So-Po" but I'm much better when Nana's around. I guess my Popo is pretty wipped. LOL. You seem to have the "speak" down pretty well. I'm not quite there yet.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Fifteen characters? That's an awful lot :laugh: But as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters really. Hope you manage to have fun in this community as well!

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
Indeed I am. There is not one of those characters that do not impress me greatly in some way, but I think nostalgia also plays quite a role in the characters I like. So who are your characters of choice?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Throughout the games, my characters of choice come from the Fire Emblem, LoZ and Star Fox franchises. Those are my favorite Nintendo franchises and luckily, those characters work best for me. For SSB4, I'm looking to main Robin and I'm probably going to end up using Ike as well. Those are the characters I'm pretty sure about anyway.

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
Yes, I too like the Fire Emblem characters. (Particularly Marth and Ike)

I'm quite excited about the Villager. I've never played Animal Crossing but his Pocket attack looks pretty awesome. If they ever brought Little Samson into Smash (I know the chances are super slim but SUPPOSING they did) I would be super happy about that. Little Samson is a little known gem of the 8-bit era. Do you have an I-wish-they'd-add-this-character character? Most people do :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
An "I-wish-they'd-add-this-character character" as in one that has a slim-to-none chance of making it in? Or just any newcomer hopeful? The only other newcomer I really want to see is Shulk honestly. Isaac/Matthew too. Everyone else would just be icing on the cake.

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
Yes, Isaac/Matthew would be a nice addition. I deem Isaac more likely though, since he was an assist trophy previously. I'm not familiar with Shulk, but I've seen people ask for him on Miiverse quite a lot.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I believe on Smashboards, behind K Rool and Ridley, Shulk is the most wanted newcomer. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best games ever <3

8BitBluBlu

Smash Rookie
Hey! Someone else from South Africa :D! I also wish there were tournaments here or at least some friendly events to practice at :(

Danmunition

Smash Rookie
I feel like I should start one. I messaged Nintendo SA on facebook about starting one but haven't heard anything in reply. Maybe I should start a Smash Bros SA page on facebook and see how much interest I get?

Top Bottom