• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Hey, Mac, remind me to pick up some milk after the fight." The Doc Louis Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Doc Louis is a character form the Punch Out series. He is Little Mac's trainer and the closest thing that the series could have to a sidekick.

[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]
Stats

Strength: 3/5
Speed: 2/5
Jump: 2/5
Fall: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Traction: 2/5

Doc Louis is an average character but on the heavyweight side.

A: quick punch 3%
AA: slower punch 5%
AAA: thrid punch, this time an uppercut 7%

Dash Attack: Doc Louis runs and then punches (similar to the attack after 'Quick feet Mac' in Doc Louis punch out) %7

F Tilt- a stronger punch 4%
U Tilt- a quick punch downwards 3%
D Tilt- punchs the air above him 5%

F Smash- Quick Feet. Doc spins around punching his opponent. It does between 7% and 10% depending on how much it is charged.
U Smash- charges up and uppercut.
He does shout Dodge when he does it though.
Can be from 10% to 15% depending on how well charged.
D Smash-

N Air-
F Air-
B Air-
U Air-
D Air-

Neutral B- I Like Chocolate. Doc Louis pulls a candy bar and takes a bit out of it. He heals 5% if not attacked. If attacked however, he will have a speed and cahrging boost for three second
Side B- Keep It Up Mac. Doc pulls out his bike and rides it. It is a faster but weaker version of Wario's bike. 7%
Up B- Eye of Griffon! Doc Louis does a recovery similar to Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and Little Mac. It goes the least furthest but does the most damage. 10%
Down B- Keep Em Up. Doc stats 'Keep em up' before jabbing. Stuns the opponent for a second. 6%

Final Smash-

Pummel-
F Throw-
B Throw-
U Throw-
D Throw-

Side Taunt-
Up Taunt-
Down Taunt-

Victory Poses

Losing Poses

[/COLLAPSE]
Movesets is currently being made. Not finished yet. Might finish it over the weekend if I'm not busy.

Common Objectives

We just got Little Mac. Punch Out doesn't need to get two newcomers.
This wouldn't be the first time that a series was introduced with two newcomers (Fire Emlbem in Melee). Punch Out is a large enough Nintendo series to have two unique characters.

He would be a cool of Little Mac.
Some people thought that if Rosalina was in, she would be a clone of Peach. She is now is smash with a completely unique moveset.

He would be better as an Assist Trophy or as a Codec Call styled thing for Little Mac.
That is your opinion. I found that there was no Doc Louis support thread in the character listings, so I figured I should make one for him.​

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Pushing it. I don't think Punch-Out REALLLLY needs another person. I can see Doc Louis being an assist trophy.

I mean, I'm not against the character at all. Infact, if he wasn't confirmed, I would've loved to see Doc be in before Mac just to confuse the hell out of people. But honestly, I think we're good. Maybe you can have Doc in the background cheering for Little Mac in the fight at times.

But still, I feel there could be alot more interesting characters that can go in before him.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
As much as i love Doc he doesn't really strike me as playable character material. He should definitely be in smash in some degree though, my ideal inclusion would be a trophy and him giving mac advice in similar fashion to fox and snake's codecs in brawl

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I will say this.

IF, and that's a huge IF. Nintendo ever decided to do DLC, free or not? I definitely see Doc making it in. I mean, I seriously do. That's the hugest "if" ever though.

Mainly because I don't feel he's needed for the initial roster, but he'd be a fun tag along later on for Little Mac. As for the "it's a big franchise".. The Punch Out series may be up there in one of my top five gaming experiences. However, it's certainly not up there as a huge popular franchise. I may not get into Fire Emblem, but that is definitely a series deserving of two reps. [I still think three is pushing it for that series, but maybe it's because I just can't get into it.].

Like I said, the guy would be a great character to have around. AFTER the fact we get a few others who are definitely more requested and needed for the series.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm good with just Little Mac. I mean, Doc Louis is pretty ****ing cool, but Punch Out doesn't need another rep.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Lets not fool ourselves King Hippo is the obvious choice if there is to be a second punch out rep, that said punch out really only needs mac playable.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I've always seen it as:

mac - playable
doc - background/codec (some how tied in with mac as he should be)
king hippo - assist/boss

thats enough for punch out as much as i love the series we dont want to be star fox and get hate for over reping the series... maybe bald bull as a boss if king hippos an assist or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom