• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hero Mode Presents: BAirly FAir 1 (A 1v1 Tournament on June 10th)

BladeStorm

Smash Legend
NNID
TheWindIsLeaving
Hero Mode is hosting its first tournament at 8PM EST this Wednesday! This time, your TOs will be Fion and Brawlmaster64. Here's the link if you'd like to join: http://heromode.challonge.com/BF1

Rules:

2 stock, 6 minutes

If time runs out, the player with the most stocks wins. If the stocks are tied, the win is decided by the lowest percentage.

David's Stupid Rule is in effect. (You cannot counter-pick a stage you previously won on in the set.)

Customs and equipment must be off.

The Gentlemen's Rule is in effect. (Any stage may be chosen if both players agree to it.)

Stage striking goes in this order during the first match: 1-2-1, with the lower seeded player choosing first. These will be only starter stages. After the first match, whoever won may ban 2 stages or none at all. Then the loser may pick a stage that is not banned. These will be any counter-pick stages.

~Starter Stages~

~Battlefield

~Final Destination (This includes all Omega form stages)

~Lylat Cruise

~Smashville

~Town and City

~Counter-Pick Stages~

~Duck Hunt

~Delfino Plaza

~Halberd

~Castle Siege

(All stages listed are based on the Evo ruleset.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! You can contact me here or at: OfficialHeroMode@gmail.com

The chat will be located here: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=BAirlyFAir1

Last edited:

Marioafied

Smash Champion
NNID
job181936
sry if u couldn't register the options got messed up

varyproshot

Smash Rookie
NNID
vps_gaming
koo sounds good, and by TO u mean tournament organizer? but anyways just to make sure i understood, its basically 1v1?

Redd_Eyezz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Redd.Eyezz
3DS FC
1607-4056-0208
Hey I just moved from 3ds to wiiU signed up to see how the competitive scene is ;)

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Got your form submission, www.mechakoopa.com is updated to include this event!

We may or may not be able to stream this, though. My schedule is a bit rough on Wednesday, so we'll have to see what happens!

varyproshot

Smash Rookie
NNID
vps_gaming
"Stage striking goes in this order during the first match: 1-2-1, with the lower seeded player choosing first."
can you explain that, second time joining a tournament i just want to make sure i get the rules n dnt mess up like in my last one. thanks

BladeStorm

Smash Legend
NNID
TheWindIsLeaving
"Stage striking goes in this order during the first match: 1-2-1, with the lower seeded player choosing first."
can you explain that, second time joining a tournament i just want to make sure i get the rules n dnt mess up like in my last one. thanks
The seeds will be the numbers to the left of your names on the Challonge bracket, and that means first someone will ban one stage from the the starter stages, then the other player will ban two, and finally the first player will ban one more. And you play on the one left over.

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
I explained this twice in our thread and you can see the answer here. He can't this week.
This is true, we won't be able to get a stream up for this tournament. We're currently working on a way to feature more than one commentator, while also making a good overlay/stream setup for this tournament. Should this become a weekly, we're prepared to start covering BAirly FAir and uploading it to our Youtube channel.

varyproshot

Smash Rookie
NNID
vps_gaming
The seeds will be the numbers to the left of your names on the Challonge bracket, and that means first someone will ban one stage from the the starter stages, then the other player will ban two, and finally the first player will ban one more. And you play on the one left over.
oh ok thank you

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Yep! I don't know how many you want so I'll give you top 3.
1. senpai_ghoul
2. HM | Kefka
3. JP_
Top 3 is perfect, thank you! I'll feature this and the completed bracket on the Tournament Results page!

hey sonnet, i would like to feature ur MK community, im an editor and i wouldnt mind making "commercials/ videos" for you guys if you like. im recently doing smash edits and thought i can show off others atm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EZpoLPk4k (test video)
This is a pretty interesting idea- we have some footage from our last Clown the Competition up on our Youtube channel if you'd like to test/mess around with those! I'd love to feature something like that on the stream!

varyproshot

Smash Rookie
NNID
vps_gaming
Top 3 is perfect, thank you! I'll feature this and the completed bracket on the Tournament Results page!

This is a pretty interesting idea- we have some footage from our last Clown the Competition up on our Youtube channel if you'd like to test/mess around with those! I'd love to feature something like that on the stream!
you got it, ill get working on it as soon as i can today. let me doa few things, in return may i ask a small favor? i clips as well from me, but i dont hav a capture card to record them and was wondering if maybe i can send yu my matches thru smash n render them in mp4 format so i can edit them. hopefully you can.

Top Bottom