• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's a fun little "Restriction" Roster question...

Who would you cut for a 3rd Party Character with these restrictions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ok, so, take Melee's Roster. Imagine it for a bit.
Now, without taking away the Clones (Jigglypuff, Falco Luigi & Ganondorf included), Mario Characters (including Yoshi and DK), Fire Emblem characters, Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch, who would YOU cut in place for a 3rd-Party Character?
Lemme remind you; Without cutting Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Marth, Roy, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Falco, Doctor Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch, who from Melee's roster would you cut for a third-party to be in.
Choices are on the poll, Have fun thinking, and leave a response if you can.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
None. All of those characters deserve a slot more than any Third party.

But if I had to choose onee... I'd probably cut Mewtwo for Banjo & Kazooie. Because we'll never get Banjo and Mewtwo has a strong chance of coming back for Smash 4.

We've already endured the loss of Mewtwo, so there's my vote. I'm sure that's the reasoning behind his other voters, too.

I like the character but I got over his absence for Brawl and I'd cut him again if it meant adding Simon Belmont or something.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mewtwo wasn't that big of a loss imo, and he sucked hardcore in Melee anyways, so this one's easy. Outside of Zelda/Sheik he's also the only one on this poll to not be the lead character of his series, and Zelda is way more important to... well, Zelda, than Mewtwo is to Pokémon.

If I got to choose any unique character I'd pick Ice Climbers though.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
None. All of those characters deserve a slot more than any Third party.

But if I had to choose onee... I'd probably cut Mewtwo for Banjo & Kazooie. Because we'll never get Banjo and Mewtwo has a strong chance of coming back for Smash 4.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Can I just cut Sheik or do I have to cut Zelda in the process?

Because if the former I'd cut her faster than you can say "Banjo Kazooie"

Otherwise I'll have to echo everyone else and say goodbye to Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom