• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Henry's casual build for funny fun!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089

Hello Smashboards, HenryZusa here.

Today I bring you my custom build of Project M 3.02, I've been planning to upload it since 2 months ago but I was so busy playing/updating it I hadn't been able to upload it until now.
I don't think this is a competitive build, even tough I tried to keep gimmicky stages as few as possible some funny ones sneaked in.

You'll find 2 Final Destinations, that was mostly done because I usually play with my friends at school and the LOVE Final Destination, so I added 2 in a way we wouldn't get bored with it so easily. (Seriously, they freakin' LOVE it).

It features 78 stages, custom ones and some classic ones, custom tracks according to the stages, custom strap screen I edited from someone else and some other cool stuff.
And it also includes cBliss, so expect a lot of recolors and textures, including our beloved Smash 4 newcomers as custom textures for some characters.
It features recolors from Minty, Mirage, Maritime, Mars, Mango, Vibrant and Lustrous Projects
I tried to keep the amount of 'different' characters as low as possible, but I couldn't help myself but adding a bit. Feel free to edit or change whatever you don't like.

With the exception of some CSPs, BPs and SSPs nothing in this build was created by me, so if you are the author of some material found in this build feel free to post the link to your vault so everyone can enjoy your work.

UPDATED VERSION 24/08/14!
New costumes! New stages! New music! New Henry!
Hope you enjoy it, I put my best into this build.
I'm already planning the next patch!

Some of the stages include:
Nimbasa Gym
Lanayru Desert
Balanced Saffron City
Final Needle
Chibi-Robo Living Room
Swordplay Arena
Majora's Mask
Subspace Emissary
Balanced Shadow Moses Island
Sei-An City
Balloon Fight
Celebi's Stadium
Paper Castle
Rainbow Road
Brawl Galaxy
Onett M
Balanced Luigi's Mansion
Dr. Wily's Castle
Wuhu Plane Ride
2-in-1 Mushroom Kingdoms
Yoshi's Story Tower Climb
Venus Lighthouse
Gloam Valley
Boxing Ring
2 3-in1 Final Destinations
AND MANY MORE!

Some of the costumes include:
Luigi Fire Mario
Sunshine Mario
Shadow Pikachu (Niggachu)
Fabulous Roy
Skyward Link
Travis Touchdown (Ike)
Pikmin Falcon
Mega Lucario
Mega Mewtwo
Mega Charizard
Valentivysaur
Light Samus
Justin Bailey Zero Suit Samus
Galacta Knight
White Boxer DK
Little Mac
Skyward Zelda
Impa (Sheik)
Yarn Kirby
Cupid Pit
Boshi
Mirage Snake
Metal Sonic
Ninten (Ness)
Louie (Olimar)
Outset Toon Link
Conductor Toon Link
Demise (Ganondorf)
Greninja (Sheik)
Wii Fit Trainer (Zelda, Sheik)
Villager (Ness)
Little Mac (Captain Falcon)
Rosalina (Peach)

AND MANY MORE!

Here are some photos of my build:

DOWNLOAD FOR HACKLESS METHOD (OUTDATED VERSION):

https://www.mediafire.com/?x3vhv5vde1uah01

DOWNLOAD FOR HOMEBREW METHOD (UPDATED VERSION 24/08/14):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6085cee2et5cuj3/Project_M_3.02_Version_23-8-14.zip

As of today, everything seems to work fine, but if you find something that doesn't work of freezes the game feel free to tell me and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Aside from that, don't expect patches very often as I'm usually busy with college, but I'll do my best.
If there's something you would like to see in this build post it here, and I don't promise I'll include it but I'll check it to see if I like it.

Hope you enjoy it :diddy:

Last edited:

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Looks pretty awesome! Does it lag at all with 4 players on custom maps?

I will be downloading for sure

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Now that's a kind of tricky question man
When I play with 4 CPUS using custom textures in custom maps I have no problems at all and it plays well.
But when I play 4 human matches with my friends they claim they feel lag on some stages.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see it's finally up! I'm gonna check it out and probably steal a bunch of ****. Looks awesome!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
^And I'm glad to hear that. Mostly because A LOT of the content in my build was from yours, my favorite build so far.
Hope you like it.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Finally...Something made for fun and not for serious play :3 thanks

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
^And I'm glad to hear that. Mostly because A LOT of the content in my build was from yours, my favorite build so far.
Hope you like it.
So just a bit of feedback:

- With 4 players, 1 died on spawn in Saffron City, 2 died on spawn in Majora's Mask.
- You can change the game logos next to the stage names on the SSS with the Stage Manager. I forget the button exactly, but it's on the right panel and it brings up a dropdown menu.
- A lot of the stuff you took from my build has been updated, I'd recommend sorting through the newest version to get the updates (or scour Brawl Vault, but that has limited success).

Other than those, awesome work!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So just a bit of feedback:

- With 4 players, 1 died on spawn in Saffron City, 2 died on spawn in Majora's Mask.
- You can change the game logos next to the stage names on the SSS with the Stage Manager. I forget the button exactly, but it's on the right panel and it brings up a dropdown menu.
- A lot of the stuff you took from my build has been updated, I'd recommend sorting through the newest version to get the updates (or scour Brawl Vault, but that has limited success).

Other than those, awesome work!
Thanks for your feedback.
Yeah I forgot to mention that Saffron city spawn problem, I just discovered it yesterday. Doesn't happen on 2 players matches tough. I'll see if someone who knows how to edit stages can help me.
I know, but once I tried switching the game logos and for some weird reasone I got a 'beeeeeeeep' during the SSS, I surpassed the size limit I suppose
Of course, I actually downloaded your newest version yesterday. I just haven't finished checking everything new in it.

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
Somebody liked my CSS! Click my sig for the link.

Nice looking build, looks just like mine! You have good taste. ;)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your feedback.
Yeah I forgot to mention that Saffron city spawn problem, I just discovered it yesterday. Doesn't happen on 2 players matches tough. I'll see if someone who knows how to edit stages can help me.
I know, but once I tried switching the game logos and for some weird reasone I got a 'beeeeeeeep' during the SSS, I surpassed the size limit I suppose
Of course, I actually downloaded your newest version yesterday. I just haven't finished checking everything new in it.
You actually don't need to replace those files. (Also to be clear, I'm talking about the generic franchise logos, not the actual game logos, I've tried replacing the latter and got the same issue). If you click Modify PAT0 Mapping, you can select another icon from the top drop down menu.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Somebody liked my CSS! Click my sig for the link.

Nice looking build, looks just like mine! You have good taste. ;)
Of course man, I loved it from the moment I saw it!
And thanks, hope to see your build soon.

You actually don't need to replace those files. (Also to be clear, I'm talking about the generic franchise logos, not the actual game logos, I've tried replacing the latter and got the same issue). If you click Modify PAT0 Mapping, you can select another icon from the top drop down menu.
Oh didn't know that D:
I thought I had to make it the traditional 'Export-Replace' way. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Well to tell the truth man...I don't know.
I've always played with the Hackless Method, and I made this build focused on that.
I actually have no idea how the Homebrew Method works or what are the differences, I'll make some research about that so I can help you

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Well to tell the truth man...I don't know.
I've always played with the Hackless Method, and I made this build focused on that.
I actually have no idea how the Homebrew Method works or what are the differences, I'll make some research about that so I can help you
The only difference is the inclusion of the \apps folder rather than the boot.elf and whatnot on the root of the card. Personally, for my build, I downloaded both hackless and homebrew PM and put the necessary files for either version into the same folder, as they won't overwrite each other.

Isen

Smash Rookie
I tried this pack with Homebrew and it works fine until the match ends, then it freezes.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
My friends whom I play casual with f***ing love Final Destination too... Maybe it's something in the water.

They'll love this build because apparently Vanilla PM puts me in a "competitive mindset" and they're sick of getting whipped. XD Thanks a lot man! Builds take a lot of work, so I'm very appreciative.

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
I really like this pack but I wanna ask; How do I make it to where it's just the regular PM stages and not the custom ones? I tried replacing the stages folder with the regular PM stages folder but the other stages still show up on the stage selection screen, was wondering how I get rid of it.

Thanks, I love this build man.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Well you only have to replace my .GCT with a .GCT that just includes cBliss (for the custom costumes) and that way only 42 stages will appear on the stage selection screen.
The thing is, like 3 or 4 stages of the standard PM build were replaced because I didn't really like them (Like the online training room)

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
Well you only have to replace my .GCT with a .GCT that just includes cBliss (for the custom costumes) and that way only 42 stages will appear on the stage selection screen.
The thing is, like 3 or 4 stages of the standard PM build were replaced because I didn't really like them (Like the online training room)
Where is the .GCT/cBliss file? I can't seem to find it. I only wanna fix the stages, everything else is fine.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yeah the thing is, the .GCT is the file that 'tells' the game (among other things) how many stages, how many costumes per character, the way the stages are arranged, etc., etc.
So in order to make the additional stages dissappear you need to change the whole RSBE01.gct found in the codes folder.
If you want you could try replacing the .gct in my build with the vProject M one, but I don't think that's gonna work :/

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
Yeah the thing is, the .GCT is the file that 'tells' the game (among other things) how many stages, how many costumes per character, the way the stages are arranged, etc., etc.
So in order to make the additional stages dissappear you need to change the whole RSBE01.gct found in the codes folder.
If you want you could try replacing the .gct in my build with the vProject M one, but I don't think that's gonna work :/
I'll give it a try, thanks though.

Also when I tried playing the build with friends, it would freeze/crash on FD, the lava looking one and some other ones.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Really?
Could you tell me what characters/costumes you were using?
I've tried all the stages some times and I haven't came across that problem

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
Really?
Could you tell me what characters/costumes you were using?
I've tried all the stages some times and I haven't came across that problem
We used just regular characters(like Mewtwo and Marth) and it would still crash.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
For some reason I suspect it was Volcanic Destination's fault, guess I'll replace it for a better one
What other stages gave you troubles?

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
For some reason I suspect it was Volcanic Destination's fault, guess I'll replace it for a better one
What other stages gave you troubles?
I'll boot it up and give you a list of stages that freeze/crash the game, will post list soon.

Top Bottom