• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Helpin brothas out.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
Link to original post: [drupal=3077]Helpin brothas out.[/drupal]

Within my small group of smash playing friends I've always kinda been the top guy. Mostly because I've been playing since the first game and I just have the raw experience. As we all have decided to play by more competitive standards I've noticed us all get progressively better. Only two friends really kinda fell behind. As of now though I'm glad to say that has ended. One friend picked up Kirby (he used to play Melee and preferred how Kirby handled) and the other tried Falco, didn't do so well so just kinda mucked around in random until, like myself actually, he stumbled into Marth. Seemed to fit him like a glove and I was able to help him with some pointers and now he's far more capable. Brings a tear to the eye to watch these guys get better and better. And I know that this will force me to up my game to keep up with them too! Always enjoying the challenge, can't wait to see how much better we all get :D

Avenger7x

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, It's sorta fun to watch a group of friends grow and progressively get better at smash. I remember when my cousin and I started playing melee for competitive purposes and started to focus on what we were doing. I was always just a bit ahead of him in skill and we both just kind of fell into characters like you stated. I tend to think that you don't really choose the characters, they kinda choose you. I was a horrible Jigglypuff and Shiek player but my cousin was great with them! And likewise, he couldn't play Falco or Peach worth anything! That's what makes smash so fun.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
My friend and I played eachother in Melee for about two years, then he moved out of the country. He got 7th place at his very first Melee tournament over there, so it was surprising how much we had learned only playing ourselves.

Kantō

Smash Champion
im always in strong competion with my friends, im not the best of all my buddys but i like to think im "good" some of the more fonder memories i have are of me and those guys playing smash and getting better over the years. it really is a heart warming experience.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
The only real sad thing is that one of my friends is kinda stuck in his ways. He has a strategy that is fairly decent (he plays Sonic) but he uses it against EVERYONE on EVERY map ._. I want him to get better but its like every time he gets a KO with the tactic he's just reassuring himself that it's the best option....*sigh* oh well. We'll have to see if he learns xD

Kantō

Smash Champion
your friend will learn, in time. you should get him on this site so he can see and discuss tactics and strats with other people and mabye, who knows decide he likes other characters as well.

Top Bottom