• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help

xfRieDRiCeZx

Smash Rookie
I play friendly games w/ friends and family. I'm consider myself an OK player, but nowhere near my idol, Ka-Master.

I can beat most of my friends and family. But two characters I have problems with are Pikachu and Shiek/Zelda.

Any tips on beating these two character? Thnx in advance =]]

EazyP

Smash Ace
Pikachu shouldn't be hard, Sheik can give you trouble, Zelda's long range air games can bother you

What are they doing and what are you doing?

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
you have to say what bothers u. Like eazy said, the most bothering character of those three should be sheik, if pikachus beat uits because os something ur doing wrong..

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
the only way i could see ur losing to pikachu is ur opponent is at a higher level of play then u, but for shiek what is bothering u, is it the needles on ur approach? the CCing? the wowshe;ssofast? expand.

xfRieDRiCeZx

Smash Rookie
For Pikachu [my brother], He loves to use his thundershock while im trying to wavedash after him. Then when i try to approach him by jumpin, he uses some aerial attack that knocks me straight to the ground. The only hope i have of beating him is when he misses an attack and i can pull off some kind of combo.

For Shiek/Zelda [my friend], Shiek speed bothers me too much and he loves to use Zelda just for her darn aerial kick.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Ok, well for pikachu, you can wavedash->spotdodge and hopefully get a hit onto him and start one of those combos. Another way of approaching him could be to do a triangle jump. A forgotten technique, but i think it might help. Try jumping towards him, then air dodging towards the ground and u can get him after he does his aerial before his lag is done. Hope that helps.

For the Zelda I can't talk never played one. Use ur f-tilts?

For the shiek, ur gonna have to deal with her speed by simply creating ur own with ur wavedashing. Be random, shieks hate it. whenever u can use one of ur common approaches, do it.

Cookies 'n' Milk

Smash Rookie
I hate fighting shieks. :(
But as coolhat said just wavedash around try to use wavedash -> u-smash/d-smash etc. etc.

Zelda shouldn't be all that hard, but seems with the lightning kicks you might need some prediction to get while she comes down.

Just do the things people have mentioned for pikachu.

Hope this helped!

Have a nice day!
~Cookie

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
What does the Pikachu do against you that hurts you a lot?

For Zelda you just need to know the range of her attacks and mind game the other player till you rack up damage and then pimp smack em with your aerials =D.

For Shiek. I'm sorry there is no solution she hacks. Hah the only way you can come close to winning to an equally skilled Shiek is to mind game them and not fall into anything that can lead you to dead zones IE, falling off the stage XD. That doesn't really help but Shiek's are a main problem. Probably the hardest for any Luigi player. Depending on their DI you can semi combo shieks. You have to try and test how well your opponent knows how to use their Shiek.

Top Bottom