• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Peach Fox matchup

Paladin

Smash Rookie
Can anybody give me some good advice for dealing with fox? I find it difficult to approach fox especially on a larger stage such as final destination. I just get camped with lasers. Whenever I try approaching with a float cancelled aerial it always seems like I get grabbed. How do I deal with this matchup?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Float cancelled Fair will give you advtange if he shields, be aware that you can chaingrab him with Upthrow for a while. I'm trying to think of other stuff but I'm sick. NEVER be too much above him, Uair is bad and USmash is worse.

Platforms are always super helpful for Peach, which is why you see a lot of them go on Battlefield. <3

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
second hardest match-up in the meta-game IMO behind our Marth Match-up. The real problem is that we can't do much against him. I'll let someone much more proficient than I tell you better how to KILL Fox, because Killing is always a hard thing for Peach. But I can tell you how not to die so much.

First off, Turnips are the key. Throw Turnips as you approach. Either Fox gets hit and your approach is successful, he dodges and your approach is successful, he shields and your approach is successful, he attacks and your approach could be successful, he catches it and your approach is done for, or you miss and you try again. Don't feel like you need to be the aggro character. That's Fox's job. The whole point of Peach is to be defensive. Use his mistakes against him. Float the Up-throw up air or be ballsy and try and dodge to N-air it. Remember Up-air is useful, and B-air combos are a thing. Toad is situational, but could also help.

Another tip, watch Armada. When you're done, watch some more Armada. Then watch Wife, go back to Armada, watch DoH, and MacD and WATCH ARMADA. My god that man handles Peach like he's IN the game.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Shoot also remember Bair has the priority of the gods, and that Fox's recovery is super predictable. People edgegaurd with Dair a lot of a reason

Meredy

The Busterina
Float below platform height and use FC Bair to wall him out. Hitting him with it at lower percents can be followed up with a grab, and you can potentially grab him if he shields it. Try to avoid dash attacking, because if it gets shielded you're basically screwed, Fox's grabs are really effective against Peach.

Last edited:

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
Try not to approach to much and if you can powershield lasers. If fox grabs you DI the direction he's facing.

Top Bottom