• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my practice

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Hi, I love melee and I am getting very serious about it, but I've hit a wall tiny training. I don't know what I need to work on, I can't make it out to tournaments much so I don't get a lot of practice against people so I usually grind out tech skill but that's not helping me much. Sometime I play with my little sister but she's not into smash like I am so she isn't much help. And I'm not sure how to see what I need to work on by myself. I have 20XX and sometimes I mess around with the overlays to do perfect wavedashes and stuff.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
20XX bots are really sick to practice against(if you're talking about the training pack). If you can't often make it to tourneys you should try melee netplay, its also a pretty good training tool.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You could try shadow boxing with 20XX CPUs. Just try to avoid their attacks and whiff punish them. Just practicing with CPUs in general helps a lot. Work on your combos until you know every possible way to link your moves together and can adjust to pretty much any DI. Another way to "practice" is to watch pros playing your character. Then go into the lab and emulate their movement yourself.

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
You could try shadow boxing with 20XX CPUs. Just try to avoid their attacks and whiff punish them. Just practicing with CPUs in general helps a lot. Work on your combos until you know every possible way to link your moves together and can adjust to pretty much any DI. Another way to "practice" is to watch pros playing your character. Then go into the lab and emulate their movement yourself.
That's a good idea, thanks

PK Kenta

Smash Rookie
NNID
Herobrine77235
What I like doing is putting unlimited time and 99 stocks and practice with a friend. Not all of the 99 stocks are fighting each other. much of it is just as you said, grinding tech skill

Top Bottom