• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with info.pac please

The BSC

Smash Rookie
I'm attempting to edit song titles. Now, I've gotten mu_menumain.pac to work with no problem, but for some reason, info.pac causes Brawl to crash. Even putting the clean and unedited info.pac into the info2 directory causes it to hang after the loading screen.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or, at least, is anyone experiencing a similar problem? Here's my file path:

E:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\info2\info.pac

Any help would be appreciated!

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
I'm attempting to edit song titles. Now, I've gotten mu_menumain.pac to work with no problem, but for some reason, info.pac causes Brawl to crash. Even putting the clean and unedited info.pac into the info2 directory causes it to hang after the loading screen.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or, at least, is anyone experiencing a similar problem? Here's my file path:

E:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\info2\info.pac

Any help would be appreciated!
I guess ur NTSC? try renaming it to info_en.pac
Or download a new CLEAN version of the original info.pac and edit that one. and if you have more things in the info.pac before replace the files with the original.

The BSC

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, Info_en.pac doesn't load in file replacement, as I've already tried that.

And yeah, I've used a brand new Info.pac ripped straight from the Brawl disc and it still freezes. I've seen others with similar problems to this, and I wonder if it's got something to do with the File Patch code itself...

The BSC

Smash Rookie
No luck. I even reduced the file to 389 by eliminating Wi-Fi messages. Like I said, even using the default Info_en.pac ripped from the Brawl ISO causes the game to hang after the strap screen.

Does anyone know why this happens? I've seen other posters with unexplained instances of them following others' directions regarding Info.pac and still being unable to get past the strap screen.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I get that same problem when trying to edit battle names and icons. A fix to this would be greatly appreciated. And renaming it to info_en doesn't work, it just doesn't load at all.

I even tried getting through the strap screen, then inserting info.pac later, bypassing this freezing, but instead it freezes after selecting a stage.

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Same problem here still looking on various threads but seemingly no solution

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Problem solved! Well for me at least. It has something to do with the file patch code. I replaced the one from the pack I have with the code from the source and it worked fine

Top Bottom