• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Falco MU

proxibomb

Smash Clown
(posted from Reddit lol)

Alright, so I came to this reddit before and asked about Fox v. Pikachu tips on edge guarding, and did really well with the tips, along with some tips from the tournament. There's a huge problem, and it's this one Falco that is high in tech, and constantly shines me left to right and so forth. How do I get out of this shine? He'll shine me into a grab and up-throw me, followed up by a uair or bair, depending on my percent.

soju

SD God
Roll away, let the bird try and be fancy and stuff but if you're feeling pressured best thing to do is to reset neutral

Tyler Swift

Smash Rookie
Yea the MUs annoying like that but all you should do in neutral is stay moving, stay moving, stay moving. Practice your platform movement especially to avoid his lasers and stay on different plane than him (i.e. hes on ground, your on platform) when necessary. Pikachus shield sucks so movement is your best option. Also take not of how he approaches. Does he approaches with laser into shine, dair into shine etc. What i like to do in the MU is see if they have high lasers then duck underneath them and dtile and if they're low than shffl over them. Maybe try and trip up his movement and techskill with fair? i think i might have posted on that reddit thread btw

Simmons

Smash Cadet
I read a cool tip somewhere on the boards that say you should approch him diagonally, since he doesn't really have moves that cover that part of him (lasers, dair, and bair aren't really going to hit you). Bonus points if you get the cross-up nair.

Top Bottom