• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs a campy snake

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I just don't know what to do. Every time I go into attack, he just drops grenades and rolls back, so my turtle hits the grenade and I get hurt, or If I get anywhere near him and he doesnt have a grenade he just starts dashing and ftilting. Help?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
watch his rolling patterns and punish. jump at him with an empty shorthop and then land, chase and grab him. this will work till he catches on and he probably won't bother with the grenades so you can space turtles. also never challenge the ftilt, move around it or punish afterwards if you can

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Get Snake into the air as much as possible.

He kinda sucks in the air.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
don't be predictable and you'll be fine; keep trying new things (even if they don't seem like they'll work) and you'll definitely find something that works. also do what obm said.

I bleed audio

Smash Rookie
Get Snake into the air as much as possible.

He kinda sucks in the air.
Then you must've played against some crappy snakes. His neutral air can hit up to four times not to mention stalls you mid air, also his uair and bair can be rather punishing. I will agree his dair is rather crappy compared to his other arial moves and his axe kick is harder to pull off, but I'd say snake can be a rather good arial fighter. Though I may be a bit biased seeing as I'm kind of on a snake kick as of late

Ghost Pikmin

Smash Cadet
Like the others said, try rushing up to him and then tossing an air attack in the opposite direction of Snake. Either he rolls back and you're just fine, or he rolls into whatever attack you just did and get hit a little bit.

On another note, it IS possible to hit Snake while he's holding a grenade without exploding, you just have to hit right in his head and no lower. It might be possible to do the same thing if you hit just his legs, but I don't think I've ever managed to try that so aim high.

Though, Snake just gives me trouble in general, so don't hold my advice to be absolute.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
yeah interesting matchup...just like the others said...don't be predicatble. yeah the turtle is good, but don't overuse it. try grabbing his grenades, see how he likes frag in his face for once.

Top Bottom