• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Save DK From Extinction! ~ Keep Threads Active!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
The team thread we have at the Link boards is not so active as well. It's because not many people play teams, and the chances of DK teaming with say someone like Lucas is low. So there'll be times where it gets active and times when it doesn't.

Also still need volunteers for Stage thread and matchup thread.

FD96

Smash Cadet
I agree that we probably need to update the guide, it doesn't provide as much info as other guides do.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Scabe, I think you're doing an awesome job. (Favorite Moderator so far)

The only problem with people not posting or being active at all, just shows the shortage of DK mains. We don't have enough.

The shortage of DK mains wont be a problem if we all try to work together and become more active. We need this place to grow.

FD96

Smash Cadet
Scabe, I think you're doing an awesome job. (Favorite Moderator so far)

The only problem with people not posting or being active at all, just shows the shortage of DK mains. We don't have enough.

The shortage of DK mains wont be a problem if we all try to work together and become more active. We need this place to grow.
I agree 100%

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I think the stage discussion could be an alright one, it's sorta semi hard by the looks of it::

DK Stage Discussion

There's quite a few duplicate stage threads. I didn't notice this one by Chaosgriffin existed, it looks amazing. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259088
Tasks:
So this thread will need someone to get discussion going again and to update the thread with summaries etc.
You could continue the way this thread has been going. If you think you can handle it let me know, I won't be disappointed if you can't. It does look hard to continue it in the same fashion.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I think the stage discussion could be an alright one, it's sorta semi hard by the looks of it::

You could continue the way this thread has been going. If you think you can handle it let me know, I won't be disappointed if you can't. It does look hard to continue it in the same fashion.
I'll take a look at it and get back to you in about a year. :p

My internet is being stupid.

Btw, I'm honored to try and help my fellow DKs.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok, i am back from my break. I will continue to be the owner of the stage thread, and I will update it as much as possible. I will try to get the discussion going again by starting on a new stage.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yay thank you Chaos, really glad your wiseness is back.

You should introduce yourself in the Discussion thread ;)

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions with what threads DK boards could use?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I think Big O's thread on data is amazing, i look at it a lot, and there is so much info in there. So if something could be done with that thread, i think it will be great to have that around.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
For the MU thread and the metagame thread, do you need someone to just lead the discussion and update the op?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
For the Metagame thread that's pretty much what you have to do. For the matchup thread you'd have to do more work.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was kinda interested in making the MU thread or atleast helping out with it. And I wanted to have a nice looking picture like other MU threads, peach, rob, fox to name a few. My idea was to get the retro donkey kong arcade game with the characters faces in barrels. Here is an example of Yoshi.

Picture the barrels rolling all the way down with DK on top maybe with Pauline(Google it) next to him throwing barrels down.

Tell if you agree with or disagree with these, b/c I don't want to go through hours of work to do something no one will enjoy.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, I was kinda interested in making the MU thread or atleast helping out with it. And I wanted to have a nice looking picture like other MU threads, peach, rob, fox to name a few. My idea was to get the retro donkey kong arcade game with the characters faces in barrels. Here is an example of Yoshi.

Picture the barrels rolling all the way down with DK on top maybe with Pauline(Google it) next to him throwing barrels down.

Tell if you agree with or disagree with these, b/c I don't want to go through hours of work to do something no one will enjoy.
I think that idea is awesomesauce. XD

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace

I would really like that. I also think it would get people more involved.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
It's going to take sometime to do everything, it might be done towards the middle of the week.

Glad to see everyone excited I hope I don't disappoint.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for dp, but I am at an impasse, my brother said that I should make the heads in the barrel look something like this.

Brother's suggestion old one w/o flames

My idea was to make it look like the characters head was printed on the barrel. My brother's was to have the character's head coming out of the barrel fyi the brother one was rushed at 1:00 in the morning.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I rushed them so that I can get an idea of what I want, I really want feedback for this stuff, so I don't spend the whole time for something people don't want to see. We could also bounce some ideas off, b/c I really want to help out this DK board.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
ouch... my pride. =[ They were bad though, I wanted to see if anyone was along with the idea.

well i have anew idea, it is simply a series of ties with the character picture. i might stop trying after this one, its driving me insane:mad:

the borders got messed after i hosted it
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9382/test2c.png

• color coded bg
  • top number would be the ratio in this example the MU is 55:45 DK 55 being the number used since its DK's number

The mu number isn't a real number, it was made up by Kosa!.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
ouch... my pride. =[ They were bad though, I wanted to see if anyone was along with the idea.

well i have anew idea, it is simply a series of ties with the character picture. i might stop trying after this one, its driving me insane:mad:

the borders got messed after i hosted it
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9382/test2c.png

• color coded bg
  • top number would be the ratio in this example the MU is 55:45 DK 55 being the number used since its DK's number

The mu number isn't a real number, it was made up by Kosa!.
THISONETHISONETHISONETHISONE!!!@~@~

It's Dabess. Like seriously oiehjoainx better than the barrel idea.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Now that is pretty sexy :O

So what are your ideas for the matchup thread? Are you going to start fresh? Are you going to use some of the information from the older matchup threads? (I think you should at least link those threads) etc

Also sorry about before, I really didn't mean to hurt your pride, better to be honest though :(

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
i didn't mind tbh, I was quoting something from a tv show. ill start from scratch, but i think we should atleast utilize the older information. i'll start doing the rest of the class.

and thx again peach guard.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
i didn't mind tbh, I was quoting something from a tv show. ill start from scratch, but i think we should atleast utilize the older information. i'll start doing the rest of the class.

and thx again peach guard.
You gots mah support all the way.

I'm 100% Peach/ Donkey Kong.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Just need someone to take over the Metagame thread now.

Chaos said something about making something out of Big O's threads, they really are amazing but what can you do to them?

I'm going to sticky the Matchup Index thread that Kaos made but now I'm not sure what to de-sticky. I could just sticky it without de-stickying haha. Also at the moment, there wouldn't be much point in stickying it.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
im in the works of thinking up the ideas for a tutorial video for ATs but thats about all i will do. i think if a pro/regular tourney goer did the thread even though there busy they will discover things quicker i think.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
This is important, it seems like the other MU thread by Justin Wiles is still up and running strong. He has a lot more MUs done then me, but mine looks a bit neater. I guess what I'm getting at is why do we have two MU threads it seems like a big waste and makes the boards look disfunctionally and unorganized. A compromise is whats in order, I don't mind losing mine if by popular demand for the other.And I don't mind keeping mine, whatever the boards want.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey KoSa! sorry if you thought I was overlooking your thread what with my recent posts in the cheat sheet thread. I like the idea of that thread as a means of being able to quickly look at a matchup and discern certain, very specific things you need to remember.

In terms of your thread, it goes much more in depth and delves into truly understanding a matchup while pointing out the do's and don'ts. Both threads have two entirely separate purposes imo- people will come to your thread when they really want to understand a matchup they are struggling with, and people will go to Justin Wiles' thread as a quick refresher that points out helpful tips.

It doesn't seem too dysfunctional to me =x

Maybe Justin Wile's thread could use a title change though, that seems like it may be throwing things off a bit lol.

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
This is important, it seems like the other MU thread by Justin Wiles is still up and running strong. He has a lot more MUs done then me, but mine looks a bit neater. I guess what I'm getting at is why do we have two MU threads it seems like a big waste and makes the boards look disfunctionally and unorganized. A compromise is whats in order, I don't mind losing mine if by popular demand for the other.And I don't mind keeping mine, whatever the boards want.
KoSa, you have to keep your matchup thread. Maybe we can rename the other thread, like "share your machtup-knowledge". So we can use the knowledge posted in Justin Wills thread for matchup discussion. New findings will be posted more and earlier if we have these two thread. One for discussion the matchups one by one, and one in wich we can share new knowledge autonomous from the current MU.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
We should get a frame data thread for DK too. I might be able to get the pictures for most of the moves. Just a suggestion.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
We should get a frame data thread for DK too. I might be able to get the pictures for most of the moves. Just a suggestion.
In the pictures you can highlight the range of each attack also. So we can all get a better idea of how far an attack goes.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Since it looks like nobody wanna take over that Metagame thread, I'll volunteer. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about DK, you can ask -Hilt- or some other INKY guy if you need a reference.

I'd need some help getting started, but I'm interested.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Sounds good, also sorry about my lack of input, I'll try get the DK boards back on track again.

Shall I transer ownership of the deathnote thread to you now?

daisho

Smash Lord
Only reason I haven't updated recently is cause there really hasn't been much to say...

But then again I am probably way behind in the metagame due to quitting so if you want to hand it over to someone else I'm perfectly okay.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, I noticed the DK boards were getting kinda dead again and he needs more love, man. And that'd be fantastic Scabe! Unless Daisho wants to take it back up, of course.

Whoever does revamp the thread, I think we should start with redoing the list of tricks/mindgames/ATs. Organizing it move-by-move, and then going down with how worth it it is? Getting input from everyone, share all our secrets. Also, collapsing boxes! It needs them.

And it needs a new fancy name. Howabout Funky's Armory? I mean, I thought DK64 was a good game...

Top Bottom