• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help? Possible waveland.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I know all you people are thinking, no there is no wavedashing or wavelanding or any waving in general in brawl. But I think I just did a waveland. Bot sure how I did it, and the match was 3:38 so no replay. I'll explain.

I was fox. I was at battlefield. I was on the lower left platform, I THINK. I dropped down attempting a FF nair off the platform, but was too late, I hit the ground and did the same animation as a melee waveland. I just slid. It wasn't HUGE, but it was bigger and more noticeable than the mario f tilt thing.

So i don't know what I did, or how I did it, but me and my friend BOTH noticed it.
I'm hoping some of you, including myself, can test this out, and maybe figure out how I did it or if it was just our eyes.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Alright, but what I did was completely different. I've been testing, but still got nothing. I REALLY wish I had a replay. = [

Hype

Smash Lord
when I do something wierd in a friendly match I just end it right away. unless of coarse if you did the wierd thing after the 3 minute mark. Thats just unlucky.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
I hate it when you do something and it's past 3 minutes. It's a real slap in the face. So many techniques could be called Ace whatever. Or just something old and It wouldn't matter anyway.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Accually there is wavelanding. I'll try to find a video and post the link.

Edit: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4DFxJLO5M here is the link, the waveland is at the end.
thats only characters that can crawl though fox cant.

---

My guess is you craq walked, everyone can craq walk and it is a sort of wave land I guess. You land. You slide. We can call that wavelanding right?

craq walking is the dumbest name eva....

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Or just dashed with Fox, it looks like a waveland if you buffer a dash with him.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Or just dashed with Fox, it looks like a waveland if you buffer a dash with him.
This is the one I'd go with. It def. wasnt a "craqwalk" (yes, very gay name)
I tested and couldnt recreate. It was a unique sliding animation i haven't seen in brawl yet.

Top Bottom