• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help PolarJunkie's Wario Get Better (Week 1: Polar vs. Viet @ UCDM2: FINAL BOSS)

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
I've been looking to step up my game, and I was hoping you guys could help me out by critiquing my Wario. While I'm certainly not new to Wario, I know my game has leaks and I'm sure there are many things I could be doing more effectively. So, have a go at the vids below (vs. Viet in Pro Bracket of UCDM2: FINAL BOSS) -- all critiques are welcome.

I plan to update this thread pretty consistently, depending on whether or not I have time to go to tourneys. Most of the matches I'll post will be ones where I lose, for obvious reasons. But anyway, on to the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srkqpbfySRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPswdN--6k

Shenlong

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll start this off. In both videos I noticed your approach was very predictable. It was either jump/double jump down air, then when you hit the ground you would usually forward smash. I'd suggest more SH down air, forward air, or retreating dodge, in the case here bite would have got this metaknight quite a bit since he just stood there most of the time. I'd suggest a little more patience also. It's not very wise imo to charge metaknight like that because of that insane priority of his. Also your recovery got pretty predictable which led to you getting killed. Suggestion of maybe DIing away from the edge so you might get your opponent to flinch so you can get a shot or 2 in. These are the main things I observed.

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
Thanks mang. Yeah, during the match I could feel he was starting to get a peg on my approach, yet I didn't do much to change it. I'll try to mix things up a bit more (and not auto-Fsmash once I hit the ground). I'll definitely work on my bite skills as well.

Padô

Smash Lord
More nair, Fair aproach so do bair aproach, double jump dair autocanceled if you oponnent shield it grab him or bite...
You should fair his glides, Fsmash is a stalemove so keep it with you more principally against meatknight which gets ko'd at low percents for it since its not stale.
If he keeps aproaching with SH Ftilt it

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Think about what you are doing, this is MK i see u randomly doing down airs. Down air is a great move against MK just know when to use it, if MK is shielding that means he wants to punish your airs with a grab or other move, 1) land behind him if you are going to down air but watch for a down smash 2) jump and bite his shield, normally someone wont let go of their shield and try to challenge an air move, so they will hold their shield and sometimes spot dodge, if they spot dodge, its ok your bite is there to punish.
DACUS: normally mks dont expect Wario to be that aggressive DACUS once or twice a stock, its a good way to build some damage since normally people dont use upsmash that much so it hasnt weakened over time.

FAIR: fair cancels glide attack and some of mk's moves.
CLAP: if mk tries to upB you jump up and punish with clap.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well after watching the first match I'd agree with shen about being too predictable. Saw a whole lot of double jump Dair (like 7 in a row or something). Usually against MK I'll keep my Fsmash fresh to dispatch MK quickly. Saw some good use of bite since MK can usually avoid bites pretty well. Try short hop air dodge to land behind them and get a grab too, seems to work out pretty well and for some reason catches people off guard.

Top Bottom