• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] Pokemon Stadium Custom Stages

Sir Doctor Phil

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorSirPhil
Whenever I attempt to add a Pokemon stadium type stage such as Theytah's Project M stadium or Indigo stadium, the stage is extremely glitched out. In the case of Project M stadium, everything aside from the top two platforms is invisible black. The indigo stadium is stuck in its fire form, with only the form itself visible. The background and actual base of the stadium is invisible black.
I'm using libertyernie's stage expansion mod, so this may be what's causing it.
Apologies for not linking the stages and mod, I'm not allowed to do that yet.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I attempt to add a Pokemon stadium type stage such as Theytah's Project M stadium or Indigo stadium, the stage is extremely glitched out. In the case of Project M stadium, everything aside from the top two platforms is invisible black. The indigo stadium is stuck in its fire form, with only the form itself visible. The background and actual base of the stadium is invisible black.
I'm using libertyernie's stage expansion mod, so this may be what's causing it.
Apologies for not linking the stages and mod, I'm not allowed to do that yet.
Looks like you're not using .rels. .rels are in the module folder in pf, and pretty much tell the game what resources to load when it's told to load a stage, fighter, etc. What you have to do is get a STGCUSTOMXX.rel that is whatever .rel PKMN Stadium is, rename "XX" to the stage ID, and then place that in the modules folder. I personally use the Brawl Stage Manager, it tells you what .rels are for what, and says what .rel the stage needs to function. I think it might fix .rels, but I can't remember, I don't mess around with stages a lot.

Sir Doctor Phil

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorSirPhil
Looks like you're not using .rels. .rels are in the module folder in pf, and pretty much tell the game what resources to load when it's told to load a stage, fighter, etc. What you have to do is get a STGCUSTOMXX.rel that is whatever .rel PKMN Stadium is, rename "XX" to the stage ID, and then place that in the modules folder. I personally use the Brawl Stage Manager, it tells you what .rels are for what, and says what .rel the stage needs to function. I think it might fix .rels, but I can't remember, I don't mess around with stages a lot.
I'm using the rels, and they seem to be working for all my other customs stages, just not for the stadiums. Should I make a copy of the pokemon stadium .rel and rename it to the custom stage I'm using?

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'm using the rels, and they seem to be working for all my other customs stages, just not for the stadiums. Should I make a copy of the pokemon stadium .rel and rename it to the custom stage I'm using?
You need specific .rel files since each loads different resources. There's no universal .rel that works for all stages, but most stages go over Final Destination, Training Room, or Battlefield, which is probably the .rel you have. For getting the .rel for PKMN Stadium, I think there's something special about STGCUSTOMXX.rels that are different from vanilla stage modules (I could be wrong). What I do is use another build's stage expansion and stages as a base, since I'm not as experienced in stage modding, and use the Brawl Stage Manager to change things around. If you don't want to do that, you might be able to find a thread about stage replacement and/or expansion on KC-MM.

Top Bottom