• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on throw combos

Toxic0118

Smash Rookie
NNID
Touchme0118
What are optimal throw combos on top tier characters.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
What are optimal throw combos on top tier characters.
Assuming you're playing as marth,

Fox & Falco
Uthrow>uthrow>uthrow until ~50%
Uthrow>nair at ~50%

Marth & Sheik*
Fthrow>fair
Uthrow>nair
Fthrow>fsmash (DI dependent)
Fthrow>regrab (DI dependent)

*Be extremely careful when trying these combos on sheik, she can needle and escape if you don't act fast.

Falcon

I gotta be honest here, I don't play marth against falcon. If I ever get stuck vs a falcon with marth, I treat em like a spacie.

Puff
Not a lot of room for combos here, mostly just fair until they die. Maybe a nair if you can space it well.
A really good mixup for punishing rest is walk until you're right next to puff, roll to her other side, and charge dsmash. This won't work on platforms/slopes.

Peach
Very similar to puff, but due to peach's lack of rest you can be a bit more agressive.
Fair>fair
Fthrow>fsmash (DI dependent)
Fthrow>fair

Ok, I am very tired. I'll be back to finish this in a while. Hope this helps for now :)

Toxic0118

Smash Rookie
NNID
Touchme0118
Thanks even though I was talking about fox I still am secondaring marth do this is quite helpful

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Thanks even though I was talking about fox I still am secondaring marth do this is quite helpful
Oh, give me some time I'll make one for fox

EDIT: I'm dumb this is on the fox boards wtfffffff

Last edited:
Top Bottom