• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on Instant U-Air?

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit annoyed at how my uairs dont come out instantly. Is it the timing, or is it just cstick up?

If someone could upload a video or GIF of their controller doing an instant u-air, that would be awesome.

I'm good with the non-SHFFL instant U-Airs. It's hard for me to SHFFL an instant uair. any help with that?

Last edited:

0-bit

Smash Rookie
I'm also having some trouble with these. I can do them while standing still but I can't do them while moving. Do I just have to be more careful with the control stick? I don't claw if that helps.

Last edited:

S l o X

Smash Champion
Try shielding and double tapping up on the c-stick to better understand how fast it comes out. You can default to that (because it's good) or practice until you get the timing all the other possible ways (which is always better).

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I switched to using z instead of A or c-stick for these because it didn't require me to relearn short hopping with tap jump on the c-stick. Worked like a charm. Trust me, Z is the way to go on these.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
z is probably better. I use A, but I might switch to Z since I still sometimes fail to hit standing fox. Using A is doable if you're capable of JC shines with spacies.

Last edited:

onehunna

Smash Cadet
I switched to using z instead of A or c-stick for these because it didn't require me to relearn short hopping with tap jump on the c-stick. Worked like a charm. Trust me, Z is the way to go on these.
Interesting idea on using Z, I feel like I've seen slight rumblings of this technique before, but never implemented it myself. Any thoughts on Z usage for other situations where getting an aerial out quickly is key? (Maybe stomp/knee from ledge, nair spacing?)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have started using it so much that it's becoming a problem. It's great for anything early, but avoid using it later unless you fall in love with it because the movement from Z to R (If you use R anyway) can cause complications. Dair, nair, and uair are all great uses for Z OOS, but try to avoid early bairs OOS. They're pretty unsafe in my experience.

Top Bottom