• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me improve my Diddy Kong (Videos) Please =)

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
Hi there, I used to main Pokemon Trainer (was probably best in california with him) but I ended up switching to diddy because I came to the conclusion that pokemon trainer just isnt really a tournament player, but thats a whole other story.

Ok well here I am playing with the top 3 players in Modesto ,California, and i recently picked up Diddy and just wanted some feedback. Keep in mind that I havent watched any videos so I am not sure if im playing him right.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=36C92C3DEE2DF5D0

This contains Diddy vs Snake (This is a friend of mine who has been busy so he cannot make tournaments but he is a very solid player)
Diddy vs Peach (this is andres sheik, he was trying to find a counter to diddy kong, he is the sheik player)
Diddy vs Toon Link (this person gets top 5 in almost all the tournaments, and we have very good people in california here, meep, dsf etc)
Diddy vs Sheik (very good sheik, considered one of the best on smashboards)

That is the playlist.

Also keep in mind vs the peach and sheik videos, Sheik is EXTREMELY aggressive, Andre (Choknater) has the best sheik ive seen, and the only way I found a way to beat him is to be extremely cautions and defensive so thats not my normal playstyle, i felt like the victim the entire match.

Vs peach, it was my first time playing a peach and half the game i was learning how to play her.

These videos are against very good players so keep that in mind, thanks, please help me get better =)

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
i think u need improve ur banana game,maybe that is just time using diddy, but u must have in mind thing like glidetoss to Fsmash or Dsmash, well srry if the commet is useless, but my english dont let me explain some ideas that i have in mind xd

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
i think u need improve ur banana game,maybe that is just time using diddy, but u must have in mind thing like glidetoss to Fsmash or Dsmash, well srry if the commet is useless, but my english dont let me explain some ideas that i have in mind xd
I understand what you are saying. Ya I try to save the banana to downsmash for the kill =)

Also thanks for the suggestions, ill definitely work on glide tossing and my banana game.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
That toon link gets top 5 at all of the tournies...?

BTW play faster :p not too bad though. I'd say mess around with the bananas more, thats about it.

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
I remember your pokemon, why did you drop him =[

I just couldnt progress more in tournaments, always kept getting hte same results no matter how good i played pokemon trainer. I swithced to diddy and now im getting much better results in tournaments >.<

Czech

Smash Cadet
More glide tossing imo also try to get in the habit of when you grab to hit A 1 or 2 times to hit them before you throw it doesn't help much but its free damage. You and your opponent need to stop just jumping around on the edge.

Top Bottom