• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me, I'm bad. (Controls)

NaCl Viasysha

Smash Rookie
I have very recently swapped from Project M, over to melee, but I have used custom controls for almost a year now. I really want to get into melee, but I am so adjusted to using no tap jump. Plus I am really weird and use L to jump. I have gotten perfect at shorthopping and WDing with L. But I want to join the melee scene because it is much more competative. Anyone know how to learn a new control scheme quickly.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I don't think there's a good way other than to just play a lot. On the plus side, you can do so against CPUs or with no opponent since you don't need another player to work on it.

Oasis

Smash Rookie
Play a lot, there's no real shortcut for this. Everything just becomes easier with time.

oats_

Smash Apprentice
I mean turning off tap jump in PM is awful, it makes it 10x harder for you to do some necessary techs. Even though he has to adjust to it, its going to be better for him overall.

NaCl Viasysha

Smash Rookie
I mainly am adjusting for Melee, but so far My tech is slowly improving. Im having issues Wavedashing, but I can do them 70:30 in favor of 70. So I am fairly consistant. L cancelling is fine. Its just some shine stuff that I have to relearn for fox. Other than that I'm almost coherent with the controls again

Top Bottom