• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me get better (vids)

Royal

Smash Apprentice
From the looks of your videos, you need to wavedash, shuffle, and just learn basic mindgames.

Look around the forums, you can find many useful threads for your needs.

Here are the basics:

Wavedash: Tilting the control stick and hitting X + R at a certain sequence.

L Canceling: Hitting L before you hit the ground so you cancel the lag.

There are some basics, so just train up!

Royal

Smash Apprentice
Short hop laser isn't really that hard. Its basically just a method of controlling an opponent. Almost an abstract spacing method, if you will.

Try just short hopping a laser, without the fast fall. Hell, just try jumping and shooting a laser. You'll eventually catch on, there are plenty of videos.

Here's Fowards video on SHL: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Royal

Smash Apprentice
Thats the key point of SHL'ing. To keep your opponent constantly pressured with lasers. Constant lasers mean your opponent has to constantly shield. (Hence, "controlling".)

Have you heard of the "shine"? It's commonly referred to as the "reflector" by common noobs. To use it, hit down on the control stick and B. This activates Falcos "ace up the sleeve".

DaShizWiz has some CRAZY shines, check out his montage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Bombsoldier as well: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

rofa

Smash Journeyman
thanks for wasting my time. how old are u guys anyways

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
I've only watched the first two videos but I can already give you a few tips.

-Don't get too greedy (don't do unnecessary things like Bairing him when all you need to do is edgehog) Your greediness will eventually be punished when fighting more experienced players
-Against Sheik, make sure you DI away from her tilts. Also when she's recovering, instead of jumping from the edge, just use the standard get up move (just tilt up on the joystick), walk past her, and Dsmash
-All of your Dairs are early, if you were playing an experienced player, they would still be able to grab you. A good choice to avoid this is to shffl a Nair, land behind them, and follow it up with a Utilt

Hope that helps ;)

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
nice falco only thing i really noticed was that edguarding with the jab dash attack on the first vid lol but im sure you already knew about that so good sh*t and keep it up

Top Bottom