• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Create a Smash Scene in Westmoreland County, PA!

What games would you participate in?

• Super Smash Bros. 64

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Project M

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters

Littlewade

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlewade5778
3DS FC
1118-0355-0746
What!?
I
f you are anything like me, you just want somewhere to play smash and can't make it out to Pittsburgh every week for Man on a Ledge weeklies. Also, you want more than Melee, PM, and singles only Smash Wii U when you go out there. I believe there is other people thinking like I am all over Norwin, Mckeesport, Latrobe, Hempfield, Gateway, and etc. in the area. If you are one of those people, I need your help. Together we can try to make a smash scene in our area and not a hour away, but only if you sign up to my first tournament open to everyone of all ages and hopefully every smash game!

Goals:

*I will post when each goal is reached on this page
To accomplish everything in my dreams, I will need enough players to show up. So the venue we create for this first tournament will all depend on how many people sign up.

8 players- We will be able to officially make a tournament with one game, singles and doubles. Tournament will provide everyone 2 slices of pizza and drinks(water, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Coca- Cola). You may also bring your own food or drinks.
This goal has been reached. The first game playable in the tourney will be Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

16 players- We can play 3 smash games in singles and doubles format for a tournament and will host people to stay the night if they need or just want to.
This goal has been reached. The next two games are Melee and Project M.
*We officially cancelled the possibility for a 3DS tournament with the tournaments at a steady low and Smashboards officially dropping its ranking system for the title. Sorry for all whom this may upset.

24 players- We can play 4 smash games in singles and doubles formats.

32+ players- All 5 smash games can be played in singles and doubles! You may bring alcohol if you are of age and bring ID.

Successful Tournament?- We go bi-weekly!

Rules:
-Bring your own controller!
-Entry fee has not yet been decided. It will depend on the amount of entries. It is free to come spectate.
-64 will be 5 stock, 3DS and Wii U will be 3 stock, and all others will be 4 Stock. All matches for all games will have an 8 minute time limit set.
-Matches will be best 2 out of 3 sets. Winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals will be best 3 out of 5 sets.
-Money matches are allowed only before and after the tournament for that game ends, not during.
-Since this is our first open tournament, it will not be streamed on Twitch. We will video tape finals matches though for the archives.
-Team attack is always on in doubles.
-Stage lists are coming real soon! We want to release all stage lists at the same time and are going to converse over a couple stages. Trust me, we won't have odd stages!

Smash 4 Specifics:
-Customs Off
-Miis will be legal in 1-1-1-1

Contact Us:
Contact either of us for either questions or sign-ups.

Wade Anderson aka Tattle(CEO, Co-Founder, Tournament Organizer)
Smashboards: In the comments under this thread!

Evan Morgan aka Phantom(Vice President, Co-Founder, Tournament Organizer)
Skype: PhantomVirus13 (He will be easier to get a hold of usually.)

Please help me make this possible! Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

PhantomVirus13

Smash Cadet
NNID
PhaNTomVIruS13
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Well I like this a lot. Definitely contact me on Skype first I run a clan called FatAL so I will contact in less than 5 minutes. If I see any talent I will definitely ask people to join. If any of you are interested please ask me about stuff on Skype and I will even play you if you want some practice as well as Tattle.

Last edited:

Littlewade

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlewade5778
3DS FC
1118-0355-0746
Yes it will be on the weekends, we wanted it to be on the weekend because it is the most accessible time to the majority.

Nujjy97

Smash Rookie
I recently moved to Greensburg cuz I;m attending Seton Hill University and haven't been able to find any competitive play. Where would the location for this tournament be held? Thanks!

Littlewade

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlewade5778
3DS FC
1118-0355-0746
The location will be in North Huntington, either off Route 30 or Lincoln Way(there are two possible locations atm)

Last edited:

~ Midnight ~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WBFrosch202
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Hello everyone, I am PhantomVirus13 PhantomVirus13 from above and I wanted to update you guys about this arising smash scene in Westmoreland County. We have found a nice location in our area that is off of route 30, and it is also across the street from Littlewade Littlewade 's house. However I do not know the exact address but I will post the address later today once I talk to Littlewade Littlewade today. This scene is still being developed but I do not know when this will start, but it will be soon. Please be patient with us because we have a lot going on right now due to high school and other activities going on in our lives. I will try my best to work things out with Littlewade Littlewade and create this scene as soon as possible. If you have any comments or concerns please contact me through PM on Smashboards or on my Skype account.
(Skype Name: SsbKyoko) {Please tell others about this arising smash scene!}
* This Thread will be updated a lot more often now! (We apologize for the late responses from before)

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Hello everyone, I am PhantomVirus13 PhantomVirus13 from above and I wanted to update you guys about this arising smash scene in Westmoreland County. We have found a nice location in our area that is off of route 30, and it is also across the street from Littlewade Littlewade 's house. However I do not know the exact address but I will post the address later today once I talk to Littlewade Littlewade today. This scene is still being developed but I do not know when this will start, but it will be soon. Please be patient with us because we have a lot going on right now due to high school and other activities going on in our lives. I will try my best to work things out with Littlewade Littlewade and create this scene as soon as possible. If you have any comments or concerns please contact me through PM on Smashboards or on my Skype account.
(Skype Name: SsbKyoko) {Please tell others about this arising smash scene!}
* This Thread will be updated a lot more often now! (We apologize for the late responses from before)
awesome, looking forward to meeting you all and playing some smash!

Littlewade

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlewade5778
3DS FC
1118-0355-0746
I am going to make a Skype group chat for players in the Westmoreland area. Anyone who wants to can find local players to talk to or play with whether planning to enter the tournament or not. I will open the room either tomorrow or the day after, so send me a message saying you want in to my Skype @tattlessb. I hope all of you will like this! I wanted to make it easier to find players in the area to play with while waiting for the tournaments to start.

P.S.: Sorry about limited contact from me recently, but I plan to change that. Thank you for your patience!

Last edited:

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
I am going to make a Skype group chat for players in the Westmoreland area. Anyone who wants to can find local players to talk to or play with whether planning to enter the tournament or not. I will open the room either tomorrow or the day after, so send me a message saying you want in to my Skype @tattlessb. I hope all of you will like this! I wanted to make it easier to find players in the area to play with while waiting for the tournaments to start.

P.S.: Sorry about limited contact from me recently, but I plan to change that. Thank you for your patience!
have you thought about making a facebook group? super easy and very informative when its run correctly

Littlewade

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlewade5778
3DS FC
1118-0355-0746
have you thought about making a facebook group? super easy and very informative when its run correctly
I was going to do that and a Twitter too, but not until shortly before the first tournament. If everyone would like me to make one sooner though, I will do so.

~ Midnight ~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WBFrosch202
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Update!
A new thread will be created on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 with all new details of the first and following Westmoreland locals. This thread will have a date for the first local ever, so get hype. I will be posting a link in here sometime tomorrow to the new thread of these locals.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Update!
A new thread will be created on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 with all new details of the first and following Westmoreland locals. This thread will have a date for the first local ever, so get hype. I will be posting a link in here sometime tomorrow to the new thread of these locals.
awesome, cant wait for these to start

Top Bottom