• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Help in unlocking the last few headgears

koen_happy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-8990-5213
I need 4 more headgears so that I can 100% the game. (cow skull, Mii force, frog hat and the dog ears) Is there a reliable way to unlock headgears? I've been playing crazy/master orders, trophy rush and target blast for almost a week and I still don't have the headgears I need. Any tips? Also, does having an Amiibo help in getting headgears? I might consider buying one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amiibos help in the sense that you can leave them to fight and gather random drops without spending your own time grinding in the game, but other than that, the randomness of their loot will be just the same as anywhere else.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The quickest way is still to farm them in Crazy Orders. Since I already got all the custom special moves, I always choose challenges which drop Smash Bros. equipment, or Coin challenges. Made like 40,000 coins the last few times, but still no hat. I just miss one (the Bear Hat I think). I hope tomorrow's patch fixes the random drop problem which honestly single-handedly completely ruins the single player mode. I have no idea what Sakurai was thinking when he came up with this ****.

Last edited:

koen_happy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-8990-5213
I got all of the headgears while playing crazy orders after the patch released! Don't know if this is a placebo effect though.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Did it really fix something? If so, I could go for a round in Crazy Orders. I was so mad, last night, I was playing Mewtwo in Classic mode and I found the last headgear I needed (the Cow skull hat), but I lost it by dying to the Mii team.

Hopefully my luck pays off with Crazy Orders. Usually it works for me.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I got about 7 new mii hats in crazy orders yesterday, and I only have 3 left and only 2 are random!!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Trophy rush and Smash Tour with multiple controllers are how I unlocked my final headgear pieces. Let's just say be prepared to grind!

Top Bottom