• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help in Finding a New Main

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaFireOmegaTA
3DS FC
0705-3112-0821
Patch 1.1.1 has screwed up Charizard and the shield in general its so hard to fight with Zard bc of the safe on shield moves so I need help in finding a new main can anyone give me recommendations on a char or just tips on finding a new main?Thnx in an advance ;)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Biggest tip would be to just play different characters until one clicks. Or you could always just choose Zero Suit Samus or Palutena

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
found it funny how the patch destroyed bad characters and luigi. But it buffed zss, barley nerfd rosa, and sheik didnt get changed. The patch notes were weird. Go play sonic thats what im doing now since i use to play him

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
Don't play Charizard, play Sheik. Don't play Sonic or Rosa or ZSS Either. Play the Sheik. Be the Sheik. Cosplay the Sheik. Do it. Now.

Seriously though, Ryu or Ike seem to be taking the patch well. Also Pikachu if you still want to represent Pokemon :)

Last edited:

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Well, let's think about how Charizard plays: heavy hitting bait and punish, yes? You just need a faster character that plays that game. I know Doc does that well, but he's probably one of the worst characters in the game (still love him though). Pit/Roy can bait well with down smash/Flare Blade because they have like no endlag.

FamouslyUnknown

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to sound hostile but shouldn't you try learning how to deal with sheild pressure as Zard and figure the out possible next tricks instead of dropping him day one of the new patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom