• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help in falcon punch combos....

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Call me a noob if you will but meh I need some helps here :laugh:

Fthrow to falcon punch, now I know the theory behind it is to throw a heavy opponent, fox falcon yoshi etc around 50% and immediatly jump, falcon punch and hold upwards...

I can generally connect this, though I dont know how to lead into it, I just get my opponent to 50% damage or so and then throw and falcon punch and it seems to work, I need to work on my timing though...

(Please correct ANY mistakes Im posting)

Can anyone tell me which percentage range fthrow to falcon punch works on for different heavy opponents aswell..?

Also, uair to falcon punch I just plain give up on. Any tips on how to perform this successfully in its different variations?

From what I can tell you want to run off a ledge and uair without jumping at a certain opponent damage then jump straight up and falcon punch

but theres a version of it where you can do it out of a fthrow combo aswell, can anyone tell me the technique and percentage damage involved??

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if Fthrow --> Falcon punch EVER combos, but it works pretty well because the recovery time is so small.
That said, the percentages elude me, I do it whenever I'm in the mid percents with nothing to combo to...works best on Fox and Falcon....never use it on Yoshi and Donkey.

ant-d

Smash Lord
it depends what you count as a combo

and also depends if you count all the different heights of stick jump
it's too difficult to pick the height of a stick jump in real time without an emulator

so really depends on these two things, what u count as a combo and do u allow the full range of stick jumps even though a human player in real time without an emulator cant do it

i can help once you answer these two things

edit: this is why:

yoshi can get hit with f-throw>falcon punch as low as 42%
however, yoshi can react and escape by doing only one thing: ff>1f>b-air (impractical in real time using n64 controller) does this count as a combo?

also falcon could just do a slightly lower stick jump (irtunc) and even if yoshi does ff>1f>b-air he will still get hit because it will not go under fp

f= Frame
ff= Fast Fall
fp= Falcon Punch
irtunc= Impractical in Real Time Using N64 Controller
j/k

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
it depends what you count as a combo

and also depends if you count all the different heights of stick jump
it's too difficult to pick the height of a stick jump in real time without an emulator

so really depends on these two things, what u count as a combo and do u allow the full range of stick jumps even though a human player in real time without an emulator cant do it

i can help once you answer these two things

edit: this is why:

yoshi can get hit with f-throw>falcon punch as low as 42%
however, yoshi can react and escape by doing only one thing: ff>1f>b-air (impractical in real time using n64 controller) does this count as a combo?

also falcon could just do a slightly lower stick jump (irtunc) and even if yoshi does ff>1f>b-air he will still get hit because it will not go under fp

f= Frame
ff= Fast Fall
fp= Falcon Punch
irtunc= Impractical in Real Time Using N64 Controller
j/k
Just kidding about the irtunc right :lick:
If you're just kidding about the whole post, i'll be...quite sad...

MattNF

Smash Lord
I think fthrow to falcon punch works from like 52% to 72% against heavy characters

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Can anyone tell me which percentage range fthrow to falcon punch works on for different heavy opponents aswell..?
I remember for falcon (since I used to only play falcon in falcon dittos) was around late 50% - early 70% before the first throw. It seems to always work for me :)

Also, uair to falcon punch I just plain give up on. Any tips on how to perform this successfully in its different variations?
Uair right before you hit the ground so you cancel it really quick. This usually works with a forward throw > full hop fair > uair (no jump) > falcon punch.

I probably made some mistakes since I was typing really quick. I gotta get off the interwebz since this storm is getting too big. I'll edit when I get back on later.

ant-d

Smash Lord
You can use this as a general idea if you don't care about variable stick jumps or 1f directional changes

Min. damage

Fox 49
Falcon 49
DK 43
Yoshi 43

edit-
forward throw>falcon punch

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Coming from the later days of SSB, it is surprising to find such a combo.

Is there actually a list for when this combos against all the other characters (I doubt it), or is ant-d's list the only one?

_kSo_

Smash Master
fthrow to falcon punch just watch percents and practice your timing

but for uair to falcon punch you gotta play around with late falling uairs

typically when you play around in training mode you'll figure out what timing works for you, but like BHLMRO said, you usually gotta do a full jump uair to late falling uair into immediate rising falcon punch at the end of the combo

then you got dumb stuff like uair to double jump falcon punch which I don't even know the semantics for :laugh:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
fthrow to falcon punch just watch percents and practice your timing

but for uair to falcon punch you gotta play around with late falling uairs

typically when you play around in training mode you'll figure out what timing works for you, but like BHLMRO said, you usually gotta do a full jump uair to late falling uair into immediate rising falcon punch at the end of the combo

then you got dumb stuff like uair to double jump falcon punch which I don't even know the semantics for :laugh:
Japanese version hitstun haxing :psycho:

Top Bottom