• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] I'm having some problems with the Project M ASL

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
In my custom Project M build, I have Arena Ferox replacing Castle Siege and keeping Brawl Castle Siege as an alt (Its mapped to _Z and the button used is L). My problem is that I want to have the Project M static Castle Siege as an alt (mapped to _Y and have the button used be Z), but the problem I am having is that when I use M22k's ASL tool and try out the configuration, it just loads the Brawl Castle Siege.

Also, I wanted to know how to add alt stages to Flat Zone 2, I can't seem to figure that out.

If anyone can help me that would be fantastic. Thanks for reading.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
After some digging and M22k himself told me, I found out that ASL has trouble loading more than 1 alt to Castle Siege. So, only the 1st alt worked properly for me, and the rest loaded the right module and the other files, but loaded the STGEMBLEM_00_X.PAC from the first stage, which is odd.

As for Flat Zone 2 (and Summit) alts, try downloading and opening this text file and copying the text for each to the stage text box.

Hope it helps! :bluejump:

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
hi, on a similar note, how does ASL handle stages with different forms loaded randomly from the start of the match? namely Spear Pillar, Shadow Moses Island and Smashville?
i want to add an alt form for Spear Pillar, but i also want them to still load either of the 3 different forms when playing on the "L" version

the files would be:
STGTENGAN_1_Z
STGTENGAN_2_Z
STGTENGAN_3_Z

Lylat Cruise's stage files use the same naming concept except they load in a set order, so it's quite a doubt i didn't consider before until i decided to add an alt to Spear Pillar

Top Bottom