• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help finding a main

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really, it's just finding who fits your playstyle. What do you like in a character? Do like fast or slow characters? Do you like projectile technicians or people who are constantly in their opponents face? Do you like characters who can build up damage quick or characters that can KO at relatively low percentages? Do you like to spike? Do you like using "mind games?"

Morgue

Smash Cadet
Really, it's just finding who fits your playstyle. What do you like in a character? Do like fast or slow characters? Do you like projectile technicians or people who are constantly in their opponents face? Do you like characters who can build up damage quick or characters that can KO at relatively low percentages? Do you like to spike? Do you like using "mind games?"
It really does matter on what you like and prefer, i thought for sure that my main was samus or dedede, (mastered falco in melee) then i tried falco and viola. i got my rythem back, alot of characters have been nerfed for less and more potential in different areas for each one. Who were you good with in 64? melee? i would start of being who your main was in those 2 before just fighting with random people. (it doesn't hurt to have more than one main either)

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I played Fox and Marth in Melee, but I wasn't at all happy with them in Brawl. I just went out and tried other people, and Toon Link and Wolf just fit well for me.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I've always picked a main based on whether they look cool or not, and treat them as if they're the only available choice in the game until I start winning consistently. And then I'll choose any secondary mains based on moveset/characteristic similarities to to my main.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
use a character that intrigues you and fits your preferred play style (speed, uses projectiles, etc.)

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
Pick a projectile spammer and learn to camp, winning and therefore fun will follow. Good choices: Toon link, Falco, Pit

Top Bottom