• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help against lucas

ijlim

Smash Rookie
whenever i use the neutral B move he just absorbs it.
when i get close he uses pk fire or just does a running A move

what would be the best tatic?:confused:

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Lucas is a ***** against any character, get used to dodging a lot. Normally I like pikachu's aerial attacks but Lucas' nair and up-smash are lethal, so stay on the ground. Stay away from hitting with neutral b and thunder (unless he's directly beside you, otherwise he'll absorb that too). Best thing to do would be to look for patterns and learn when to dodge or roll then attack

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Just dodge everything and strike him with physical attacks. Lucas' Usmash is predictable and anticipate a few Fsmash just in case. I think the best approach would be to juggle him with Uair and Fair. And Dsmash and Fsmash are always good finishers.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
If your dsmash pops him up above you, is thunder valid? Or will he recover quick enough to get his PSI magnet out?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the player. It's safer to attack Lucas directly in case he pulls out that magnet. Besides, I would think Pikachu's air game is superior to Lucas'.

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
Thunder is only valid if the Lucas a) isn't aware that he can absorb off the top (which he can) or b) if he's at a high enough percentage that the stun won't wear off

And if you choose a follow up in the air watch out for the dair: 4 hits, lengthy downward hitbox, and bottom of last hit (2nd kick) is a spike. I would say approach with an uair from the side

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
A well-aimed neutral-b might gimp his recovery.
Keep in mind that a skilled Lucas has the Zap Jump->Wavebounced PSI Magnet. A simple Thunder Jolt won't keep up with Zap Jump's Speed and the Thunder would just get absorbed.

What I try to do against him is predict his UpSmash, QAC to somewhere safe, and get in a quick Skull Bash. Not quite a KO move, but it catches him off gaurd.

GofG

Smash Champion
Coolguy, I'd just like to mention that Lucas's dair actually has hexagons on the 1st and 3rd hit. He kicks for the 2nd and 4th hit. The 4th hit is in fact the meteor.

Ic3

Smash Cadet
edge guarding

ok i play pika as main, and have been playing a completely defensive lucas and have sever trouble beating him. If i attack he just rolls until i mess up once then grabs me, and this repeats for long periods of time. My worst problem is getting a killing blow in, i can get percent just not kill, and worst is when he gets me off edge i need ideas for recovering. If i don't go for an edge hell grab me and throw me back off second i land, and if got for edge he just hits me when i get on. Overall my pika is very good, i haven't had even a remote challenge against any other players only this one lucas, any advice would be nice

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
Dsmash is your buddy against a roll spammer. Watch for openings when he uses his grab. It's easily punishable because of the lag, and a well timed spot dodge does wonders for grab avoiding.

Killing moves shouldn't be too nuch of a problem. Usmash and dsmash pop him up for a thunder set up (only if he doesn's realize he can absorb the thunder) and fsmash is always good for a side kill

As for getting on the ledge vary your approach. Sometimes quick attack straight to the ledge, drop down, jump, and quack into an aerial. Or another is to just go for the legde, drop down, jump, and quick attack over or through him to get at his back where he will not be expecting you. If you do this, watch our for the dsmash (where he points his finger at the ground and shoots hexagons), the hitbox extends behind him a bit.

iankobe

Smash Lord
This is basically a nightmare for Pika.

I hate Lucas so much that Pikachu can't even get close to him. I'd suggest counterpicking. Use Diddy, Metaknight or Wolf.

Sorry to say but, Pikachu SUCKS playing Lucas. And I main Pikachu. It gets even worse if the Lucas camps. But that's basically all the Lucas out there.

Top Bottom