• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Diddy Kong

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
I am having a real problem against Diddy Kong and I was wondering if you guys could help. In the last couple of tounys, I was gimped a spot in the top 16 at the tourny TWICE by freaking Diddy Kongs!!!! I usally play Fox against them because he ***** Fox and Wolf in the face and I was wondering what is a really good char against one.

P.S.- Now when I play as fox, he choses Pikachu.... :(

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Avoid Diddy at all costs on the ledge, avoid his Side B especially, avoid Up B spikes, and of course, the standard Dair spike.

Since you're heavy, use that to your advantage, Diddy's Fsmash is so easy to DI, due to the fact that it has two hits, you should have plenty of time to DI correctly and be safe from getting Koed. And then, you get to reflect Diddy's bannanas. Just avoid Diddy off stage and you should be good.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Avoid Diddy at all costs on the ledge, avoid his Side B especially, avoid Up B spikes, and of course, the standard Dair spike.

Since you're heavy, use that to your advantage, Diddy's Fsmash is so easy to DI, due to the fact that it has two hits, you should have plenty of time to DI correctly and be safe from getting Koed. And then, you get to reflect Diddy's bannanas. Just avoid Diddy off stage and you should be good.
What would you say Wolfs chances are thoiu? I will keep this in mind too. Thx for the info.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Meh. Bannanas and Offstage game is the only thing Diddy's got on Wolf. Bannanas can be reflected and used back on Diddy, and the offstage game is a matter of prediction.

You can outpsace Diddy in the air, however his moves start up faster than yours in the air I think, well, at least it seems like it. On the ground... He has his U tilt and Ftilt that have decent range, I think Bair and Fsmash can outspace it though xD Oh, and watch out for his dash attack. That thing is unpunishable.

Your best choice after he does a dash attack is to just roll out.

I'd say... I don't know, I think it's even, if you can take complete control of his bananas, then you'd have an advantage. But that's difficult to do, so I'd say it's about 50:50, anyone's game.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Bannanas and Offstage game is the only thing Diddy's got on Wolf. Bannanas can be reflected and used back on Diddy, and the offstage game is a matter of prediction.

You can outpsace Diddy in the air, however his moves start up faster than yours in the air I think, well, at least it seems like it. On the ground... He has his U tilt and Ftilt that have decent range, I think Bair and Fsmash can outspace it though xD Oh, and watch out for his dash attack. That thing is unpunishable.

Your best choice after he does a dash attack is to just roll out.

I'd say... I don't know, I think it's even, if you can take complete control of his bananas, then you'd have an advantage. But that's difficult to do, so I'd say it's about 50:50, anyone's game.
Ok, cool. I have been fighting one tonight and I took his bananna and that helped me a lot. I was also hearing not to pick FD, is this correct? I guess he can get more control out of it, so countr pick stage would be nice also

JCav

Smash Lord
anytime i play a good diddy, the biggest thing i try to keep in mind is to avoid those bananas because when you turn them against him, the match is yours

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
FD is a terrible idea against a Diddy because he can manipulate the only platform to fight on with bananas. Smashville's pretty bad too, but not as bad.

If he's getting a lot of setups through his bananas, turn them against him. Try to have as much control over them as he does, and set them up for attacks of his own.

Other than that...I'm not sure. I haven't faced a wicked Diddy yet, so I'll keep the advice here in mind.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yes, do NOT pick FD, Any flat stages is a stage that Diddy does well on. Battle field is not as bad as FD or Smashville. If you had the option, I would pick Norfair, that'd screw him. Well, at least his banana game. ANd plus it helps Wolf's recovery, so yeah. Norfair is never a bad idea ^^ Also rainbow cruise, that just screws Diddys bananas over completely as well. Just be sure to DI that Fsmash. And Dsmash if possible.

JCav

Smash Lord
Yes, do NOT pick FD, Any flat stages is a stage that Diddy does well on. Battle field is not as bad as FD or Smashville. If you had the option, I would pick Norfair, that'd screw him. Well, at least his banana game. ANd plus it helps Wolf's recovery, so yeah. Norfair is never a bad idea ^^ Also rainbow cruise, that just screws Diddys bananas over completely as well. Just be sure to DI that Fsmash. And Dsmash if possible.
i hate everyone of those stages but i would have to agree with you for this scenario

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Lol norfair? Ok. If I can choose, I will. Usally at our tourny, we have to select the stage we both agree on so that MAY be a problem. I am also guessing to choose BF for mynext best offer. Another thing, I am not sure if this is true or not, but can you boost smash into his bannanas and pick them up?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Pick a gay stage like lylat cruise (I hate that stage.)

Don't think you can spam your reflector, watch what happens. And yeah, you can boost smash pick up the nanerz

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Your main goal vs a diddy kong is to make sure he can't set up a good 2 banana offense.

Keep it random, reflect some bananas and try to pick up as many as you can and throw them at him as much as possible. If you can disrupt diddy from attacking and dictate the match, you will likely win. DO NOT play games offstage with diddy, he can gimp wolf easily and is much more maneuverable out there. Dspikes vs diddy are very dangerous, so be careful. Watch out for banana into grab combos, they allow diddy time to set up offensively and do a lot of damage. Much like rob, be very careful about getting grabbed near an edge. Diddy has a whole lot of gimping options off a throw.

The huge advantage is the air game. Bairs will eat up anything diddy can offer and space them nicely on landing to keep the pressure up. Dsmash have a lot of priority in this matchup, use it wisely to get low % kills.

Basically keep on the pressure and make diddy defend a lot and not get going.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Your main goal vs a diddy kong is to make sure he can't set up a good 2 banana offense.

Keep it random, reflect some bananas and try to pick up as many as you can and throw them at him as much as possible. If you can disrupt diddy from attacking and dictate the match, you will likely win. DO NOT play games offstage with diddy, he can gimp wolf easily and is much more maneuverable out there. Dspikes vs diddy are very dangerous, so be careful. Watch out for banana into grab combos, they allow diddy time to set up offensively and do a lot of damage. Much like rob, be very careful about getting grabbed near an edge. Diddy has a whole lot of gimping options off a throw.

The huge advantage is the air game. Bairs will eat up anything diddy can offer and space them nicely on landing to keep the pressure up. Dsmash have a lot of priority in this matchup, use it wisely to get low % kills.

Basically keep on the pressure and make diddy defend a lot and not get going.
Ok, cool thx man

Deez.

Smash Lord
I actually Main both characters so... and just space correctly agaisnt diddy. it helps alot and use the shine alot!!! itll get annoying and hell try and fight u without his banannas. just stay close if u can keep using ur combos on him and either tilt foward or up.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
I actually Main both characters so... and just space correctly agaisnt diddy. it helps alot and use the shine alot!!! itll get annoying and hell try and fight u without his banannas. just stay close if u can keep using ur combos on him and either tilt foward or up.
Kk i will have to try that fo-sho now. (try and failed at being gangster...)

Anywayd thaks for the info and I will try to find a diddy player to try it on

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Use 0-lag fair against diddy. It has decent range, good priority and picks up diddys bananas. It's also quite strong, to finish him off.

Overall, I think Wolf has an advantage but a minor one. Diddy relies heavily on his bananas. Destroy his banana tactics and you have an easier time. He's light and has troubles to finish heavy characters like Wolf

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't use Ftilt much, especially vs. Diddy. It's an easy shieldgrab, and a grab from Diddy can be dangerous because he has the space to follow up with aerials or time to set up a banana offense.

Top Bottom