• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello there, Smash

NocabEvoli

Smash Rookie
Greetings, everyone. My name is NocabEvoli and I've been debating whether to join or not. The answer is as you see before you (and because I couldn't answer the question: "Why not?").

A bit of myself: 20 y.o. male that loves Smash. Other than that, I spend my time in the outdoors: mountain biking, sports (tennis, table tennis, baseball are all under my favorite activities), and swimming. I also love writing, hence why this post looks like a block of text (sorry for that). I'm in Chattanooga area of TN, USA. I've only attended one unofficial tourney that a group of people in my college held for my hall alone--a total of 20 people showed up. It was Brawl Singles and Doubles (Friendly Fire off because we did not know any better). I won first place, maining as Toon Link. ^^

Mains: I don't have mains in general since I like them all and I like to dissect the characters down; it'll depend on the match-up. In Brawl, I main Toon Link, Luigi, Wolf, and Ike. In PM, I would say Lucas, but I'm learning others such as Dr. Mario, Cpt. Falcon, Marth, Ike, Wolf, and even Kirby. I've just started with melee and I've been messing with Dr. Mario, Marth, Cpt. Falcon, Sheik, and my character goal: Falco--not really to main, but to learn technical skill.

A bit of history: I've been fascinated with Nintendo games throughout my life and one of them stood out more: Smash Bros. I began by playing Brawl. So I played HOURS AND HOURS, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I began study it, figure out ways to beat up my friends, studied some more. However, it was not until I came to college that I found competitive interest.

Within the year, I learned about the Smash Bros Documentary and learned about how far Smash has come; I was fascinated and I wanted to contribute in some way. Around the same time, I was introduced to Project M. It was then that I began to learn all about the mechanics that "carried over" from Melee. It was a good transition from Brawl and I've still a lot to learn. Now, I'm moving to Melee and hopefully learn more about the game that started it all and take myself to the upper levels.

Tourney History: The only other official tourney that I've attended was Chattanooga Smash for their Project M tournament. I did not participate, but I wanted to get a feel as to how the scene actually looked like and I was completely blown away at how inferior I was compared to everyone else that has played Smash for probably longer than I ever had. I plan to participate one day.

TL;DR: I like smash, I'm from TN, I want in on competitiveness, Chattanooga Smash was terrifying but enjoyable to spectate, I hope to be a part of this community, and I really wish to be the best that I can be.

Melee: :sheikmelee: :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :drmario: :falcomelee:--soon....

Brawl: :ike: :luigi2: :toonlink: :wolf:

Project M: :lucas: :falcon: :marth: :wolf: :drmario::kirby2:

(I don't Main in any particular order)

I hope to see some of you all in the future! Have a good'un!

Top Bottom