• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, Smashboards!

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am UltraSmashBro721! Some call me Ultra for short.

I am a college graduate with a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) degree in Digital Arts. My main aim for a career is illustrating and writing character-driven comic books / graphic novels. If I could list some inspirations, I would say not only movies and television shows from my childhood, but also Nintendo and Marvel Comics (in terms of people, Stan Lee and Shigeru Miyamoto). You can say I'm quite enthusiastic about anything art!

One other thing I am enthusiastic about is playing video games, with Mario Kart and (of course) Smash Bros. being my favorite multiplayer games! For those who are curious, my mains throughout the entire Smash series are Mario and Donkey Kong - the Arcade Duo! Of course, I am always looking forward to any match of any condition and any character. When asked which Smash game I prefer, I say "All of them!"

I hope to share some interesting conversations and (if possible) Smash Battles with all of you!

- Happy Smashing! :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Miyamoto da bessssss :D

Welcome to Smashboards! Happy to have you.

So, as far as character selections go, did you plan to have an 'Arcade Duo' theme, or did they just turn out to be the characters that fit you best after hours of playing? Maybe both of those reasons? :p

In any case, hope that you enjoy your stay!

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
Hey, Hokori!

Mario / Doc and Donkey Kong turned out to be the characters that fit me best. It also depends on who I fight against. For example, if I'm fighting against a character with attacks that would shred bigger characters like DK, I would pick Mario / Doc. In Brawl's case, primarily because of my inexperience with Mario's FLUDD move, I tend to use DK more often.

The "Arcade Duo" is basically the term I coined for my mains because both characters debuted in the arcade Donkey Kong! :D

I also love to change things up sometimes by putting my character token on Random and fighting as whoever the game decides for me to play as.

I am going to guess that you are a Ganondorf main by your signature! Fantastic! He's quite a formidable fighter in both Melee and Brawl! ;)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, I gotcha. Still nice how the "Arcade Duo" manages to work out for you in every Smash game though.

And yup, you got it right. Ganondorf is easily one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time (my favorite Villain for sure). I'm typically a user of Villains and Anti-Heroes. The only reason why I didn't main Ganondorf in Brawl is because of how horrendous he is compared to the rest of the cast in a 1v1 setting. Most of his MUs are brutally terrible and even against the other low tier characters, he still struggles. That's why I'm really hoping that Ganondorf is looking much better overall next go 'round. He just didn't blend in well at all with Brawl's mechanics :ohwell:

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Come to think of it he did seem rather clunky in Brawl. I, too, hope this problem does get resolved for SSB4. The King of Evil should definitely be able to demonstrate his full potential! >:D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
And by demonstrating "his full potential", I'm really hoping that also includes a makeover as far as his moveset goes. I don't wanna see Falcondorf again! :glare:

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
And by demonstrating "his full potential", I'm really hoping that also includes a makeover as far as his moveset goes. I don't wanna see Falcondorf again! :glare:
Yeah! Ganondorf should have sword attacks in addition to some brutal physical attacks. He does wield the Triforce of Power, afterall. I personally would love to see his energy ball attack from OoT. It can be reflected, but Ganondorf could simply just punch it to reflect it back again...

Now I want to see if Sakurai changed Ganondorf's moves for SSB4! :( In due time.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah! Ganondorf should have sword attacks in addition to some brutal physical attacks. He does wield the Triforce of Power, afterall. I personally would love to see his energy ball attack from OoT. It can be reflected, but Ganondorf could simply just punch it to reflect it back again...

Now I want to see if Sakurai changed Ganondorf's moves for SSB4! :( In due time.
Ah, Dead Man's Volley is the move you speak of. I'm hoping that replaces his neutral special, Warlock Punch for a couple of reasons:

1) It's canon
2) It will have much more utility than a move that generally only lands after a shield is broken or in FFA matches.

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
I agree with both reasons! I try to use the quickest moves whenever playing as the slow characters, but in a highly competitive and fast-paced game, not having fast enough specials really can hinder a character.

Top Bottom