• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello! Just want to introduce myself

FlintTheWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwiggitySteven
Hello, Smashboards! I'm Steven, but on the internet, I prefer to go by FlintTheWolf. Just to say a bit about myself, I was first introduced to Smash in 2004 when I was given a copy of Melee along with a Gamecube for my 4th birthday. Since then, I've played Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. However, I only seriously learned about the competitive scene about a year ago thanks mainly to YouTube and a few of my friends. Because of this, I've started training myself in Melee to the best of my abilities, and have also been doing my best to improve my skill level in Smash 4 ever since me and my sister first got the game back in December. While I don't really have the ability to attend tournaments or play against players outside of my friend group and For Glory players, I'm hoping that once I gain the ability to drive and eventually get a Gamecube adapter, I can start improving through experience, Melee netplay, and through being able to use a controller in Smash 4 that ISN'T the Wiimote turned sideways (while I have gotten used to it, I do feel that the Wiimote is holding me back and that I would definitely benefit from being able to use a GC controller for Smash 4).

As for my skill level, the most I can really say for Melee is that I can pull off some advanced tech (dashdancing, wavedashing, I can L-cancel at about a 50% rate) and that I can beat level 9 CPUs consistently. Unfortunately, I have very little experience playing with other players with Melee, as most of my friends have no real experience with the game or don't own it. With Smash 4, I'm pretty sure my For Glory win rate is around 60%, and my friends consider me the best out of our group. While I know that none of that really says much, I'm hoping that I can seriously try to get into the competitive scene once the resources are available to me.

As for some general information about myself, I'm originally from Baltimore, MD but currently live in York, PA. I'm a student, an actor as a part of my school's theater program, an amateur writer, an (occasional) amateur pixel artist, and a basketball player hoping to make my school's team this year.

When it comes to my mains in Smash, I try to keep a balance between playing as characters that are good while at the same time fun to play as. In Melee, I main Marth, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff. In Smash 4, I main Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and have various secondaries, including Ness, Dedede, and Marth. If you ever want to play, my NNID is SwiggitySteven. I'm on most days, but am almost always online for a couple of hours each day on the weekends. I'd be happy to play and train against pretty much anyone!

Yeah, that's pretty much me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd also have no problem chatting and making friends via Skype, though I would prefer to only give my Skype out privately rather than posting it publicly. Thanks for reading, and I can't wait to see what Smashboards has to offer!

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Sup man, welcome to the boards. You seem really chill. In fact, I share several interests with you.
Anywho, it's awesome you have a lot of Melee tech down, a lot of players struggle with that when it comes to getting into the scene, but getting it down is good, as it allows you to practice on other things.

I'd definitely be willing to play you on Smash 4, just to get a rough idea of your skill level so I may offer further advice. Either way, I hope you enjoy it around these parts :4pacman:

FlintTheWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwiggitySteven
Sup man, welcome to the boards. You seem really chill. In fact, I share several interests with you.
Anywho, it's awesome you have a lot of Melee tech down, a lot of players struggle with that when it comes to getting into the scene, but getting it down is good, as it allows you to practice on other things.

I'd definitely be willing to play you on Smash 4, just to get a rough idea of your skill level so I may offer further advice. Either way, I hope you enjoy it around these parts :4pacman:
Thanks! It's always nice to talk to people with similar interests. And yeah, getting the tech down was honestly really daunting at first, but now I'm able to pull it off and am doing my best to incorporate it into my playstyle. It's actually really rewarding to be able to do stuff like wavedash into standing grab with Marth or using L-canceling to keep combos going when I otherwise might not have been able to. I just feel as if it can take my play to the next level, and that's a pretty exciting thing :3

Also, I would definitely appreciate someone playing with me in Smash 4 and giving me some advice. While my friends always tell me that I'm really good, I know that I definitely have a lot of room to improve. Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @HunterNinjaReaperPirate♤♠ @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Top Bottom