• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, Hello

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Hi there everyone, I'm Mystletaynn, but most people often just call me Mystle. Long time gamer, Smashboards lurker, and avid fan of the Smash series, but I've only just now made an account.

Why? Well, in the pinned topic, there's a list of bullet points to get across, so I might as well go through it.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? How did you hear about the site?
I've known about Smashboards for quite a long time, and first discovered it when looking for tips on character matchups. However, until today I've had no real reason to actually sign up. Long story short, a tournament is happening on June 20th, and I'll likely be attending. Short story long, I've never really attended any regional events or locals or anything of the like, the only actual tournament tourneys I've played are the ones I've TO'd at my college. Ithaca College, by the way, and I'm one of the top 4 there (we all tend to beat each other, so there's no real ranking between us). The problem with that was, besides us four, there were perhaps three maybe four others who were semi-competitive, and the rest are casuals that usually enjoy the 8-Player Sm4sh during our club times, not like there's anything wrong with that, but it indicates a lack of drive for most of the crew at IC. The two tournaments we held last year (one Sm4sh, one PM) went well enough, but it felt much too similar to how games normally went during club, so on impulse today, I saw a posting by a certain Erik (who I've learned goes by TheManaLord on the boards) in the Facebook group for my area (which I hardly pay attention to, since it's basically the Cornell University group) about the CuseTown Beatdown event. Now, I may go to Ithaca, but I live about 13 miles west of Syracuse, and I thought, 'Hey, why not? I'll get to meet new people and play with others I haven't before.' Whether I get bodied or not, I have no idea, since I don't have much of an idea of the overall skill level. I don't want to overestimate my skills, but I don't wish to sell myself short either. So yeah, I'm quite looking forward to it. :)

• Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I've mostly explained it in the above section, but there's a couple things I didn't. No, I don't attend many tournaments. Yes, it would be very nice to. However, I myself don't have a car, since my parents take me up to college when I move there during the year, and I hardly would ever use one anyway, so I didn't feel like dropping that much money on a car would be worth it at all, and my mindset still hasn't changed much.

• Who do you main in your Smash game(s) of choice? Why?
I'm kind of disappointed that you can't select more than one character per game on the boards, but I can understand why. My first game was technically Melee, but it was because my neighbor owned it and I would often go to his house to hang out and play. The first game I owned was Brawl, and I've gotten Project M for it as well as Smash 4 for the 3DS, as I don't own a WiiU. I've played 64 like once (not nearly enough to get a feel for the game, and I was pretty young anyway), but my brother apparently does now when he's at his own college. In order of confidence at the games compared to others, Project M > Sm4sh > Brawl > Melee > 64.

Melee: Roy, Marth, Yoshi, Fox
Brawl: Zero Suit Samus, Kirby
Project M: Game & Watch, Roy, Mario, Sheilda, Wario
Smash 4: Zero Suit Samus, Roy, Iggy, Robin

• Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
Plenty to work with here!

Games
Monster Hunter (series veteran, Longsword main with Bow secondary, favorite monster = Duremudira, super hyped for MH Cross, currently drafting a fanfiction)
Fire Emblem (series veteran, favorite character = Cordelia from Awakening, super hyped for FE:Fates)
Pokemon (peaked #1 on the Smogon 1v1 ladder, Grass and Normal monotype teams)
Yugioh (Spirit Beast deck on YGOPro, not really liking Konami's power creep)
League of Legends (main Nidalee, Leona, Sivir, Shyvana, and Irelia, love Dominion, currently Diamond 5 in Solo Queue, avid LCS watcher and Impulse/Fnatic fan, former Moscow 5 fan before the changes)
Mario Kart (preferably MK7 because 8's physics are too different, Koopa/B-Dasher/Red Monster Wheels/Beast Glider)
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign (Millia main, can't play often because I don't own a Playstation)
TERA (just started recently, playing a High Elf Warrior)

Sports
Tennis (made sectionals for singles, Djokovic fan)
Football (Baltimore Ravens fan, ex-cornerback as I don't play anymore)
Basketball (San Antonio Spurs fan, I'm a good defender but I suck at shooting)
Soccer (ex-Liverpool fan but watching got boring to me, I'll still play a pickup game)
Volleyball (brings out my tryhard mode)

Anime/Manga (I'll just list my top ten, judge as you like, suggestions appreciated)
1. Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo
2. Your Lie in April
3. Darker than Black
4. Spice and Wolf (Holo is my avatar here)
5. No Game No Life (hype for season 2)
6. Shokugeki no Soma
7. Okami-san
8. Guilty Crown
9. Haganai
10. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Honorable Mention: Fate/Apocrypha (the Fate series is most known for Fate/Stay Night, but my favorite is still just a light novel, I hope they animate it sometime as it's by far the best of the series)

• What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
School
Ithaca College League of Legends Club (ex-board member)
Ithaca College Gamers Club (current board member)
Ithaca College Game Developers
Ithaca College Gamer Symphony Orchestra (exactly what it sounds like, we play video game music for concerts)
Ithaca College Club Tennis Team (not a starter but hey it's still fun)
Ithaca College Chess Club (still a rather new one, still needs to get off the ground)

coloholics.ca
Dedicated roleplaying forum website, I'm also one of the six Administrators below the site owner. It's quite a massive site with several hundred active members and a large selection of RP environments.

mhwiki.forumotion.com
Monster Hunter forum for all sorts of information, chatting, and getting groups for hunting together, I'm the resident armor set expert, and can help design optimized ones for you if you ask.

serenesforest.net
Fire Emblem forum, I don't frequent it that often anymore though.

imgur.com
Major lurker, but I've been using the site for years. Really great place to just browse and waste away your hours looking at internetty internet stuff.

reddit.com
Super toxic place if you actually post there, but I still frequent the /r/smashbros and /r/mhguildquests boards.

twitch.tv/mystletaynn
There's my stream, but my computer needs upgrades for me to do anything on the PC, and I still need a capture card for my 3DS before I can stream Monster Hunter.

twitter.com/Mystletaynn
Follow me if you like. I can't stand Twitter for use with friends at school and whatnot, that's what Facebook is for. I use this one mostly to follow League of Legends and Smash Bros.

=======================================================================================

So yeah, again, hi. If you made it through that massive wall of text, congratulations, you now know a pretty hefty bit about me. I'm friendly if you talk to me, but the type that won't necessarily go up to someone and introduce myself, so feel free to chat if you have anything to say. If you're attending CuseTown Beatdown on June 20th, I'll hope to see you there, and I hope joining these boards can help me delve into competitive smash even further. Also I don't think I ever mentioned this but I'm a big Westballz fan, grats to my boy on the Mayhem win. :D

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Hello, welcome to the boards!
Having more anime folks here ain't ever a bad thing, especially one who enjoys No Game No Life. Also see you're a Monster Hunter vet, so that's quite cool.

Millia on Xrd? I rarely see other Guilty Gear plays around these parts :crazy:.

Iggy is best Koopaling and I completely agree with him being your main :4iggy:. If you ever wanna play some games, feel free to ask.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Well, being completely honest, I'm not overly good at GGXrd because of that lack of owning the game, so I don't get much practice.

Also, the characters I bolded/underlined are my mains, ZSS is by far and away my best character, I like Robin and Iggy because they're both really fun and I'll often play them if I don't want to go too hard against like friends or other people that aren't as good. So, not really my main, sorry to mildly disappoint.

Also, about that last part. I've heard Netplay exists, but I've no idea how to start getting it set up.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
lol, i don't care. Iggy needs the love. ZSS being your main is still cool, I hardly find any ZSS players.

Dunno how to set up the netplay? How so? You play 3DS ooor...?

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
My primary game is Project M, so I was referencing Netplay for that. I get a good amount of lag on 3DS, and I don't own a WiiU, so it's kind of rough playing online. For some reason, even though its the same wireless network, Smash tends to have a really ****ty connection while Monster Hunter is nearly flawless. I'm just not sure what I'd need to do either way.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
My primary game is Project M, so I was referencing Netplay for that. I get a good amount of lag on 3DS, and I don't own a WiiU, so it's kind of rough playing online. For some reason, even though its the same wireless network, Smash tends to have a really ****ty connection while Monster Hunter is nearly flawless. I'm just not sure what I'd need to do either way.
Aaaah alright. It's odd you can't get netplay on Project M to work. Got the internet set up?
Perhaps go ask the Project M board. I play it a lot, but I've never had issues connecting online.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
No no, I can't get 3DS to work, but I don't know how to get Netplay for Project M, so that still might. Sorry for making this confusing. e_e I might head there at some point though.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Great intro!!! Welcome. Here are some helpful links should you need them....

Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @KMZ || WolfieXVII, @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Oooh lol, you're fine, my mistake. You should definitely ask around, and seeing as I think Cyndane will have posted by the time I make this message, it's easy to find the correct boards.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards! You need assistance setting up Netplay for Dolphin?

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
I'm not really sure what it entails, period, or what Dolphin is. I have it on my SD card for my Wii, the only thing I've ever done with working with the files is changing the music.

D

Deleted member

I have no idea then. Either way, enjoy the site.
I don't think "netplay" is available for a system like the Wii, unless there's a custom Wi-Fi service like Wiimmfi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom