• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello all, what music gets you pumped?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Xenoblade music (besides the medley and Gaur Plain / Night), The valedictory elegy, Destroyed Skyworld are probably my favorite songs. Pokemon music is pretty good too (Route 10, Cynthia's Theme, Team Flare, etc.)

Other good Smash songs are Battlefield, Full Steam Ahead, Gerudo Valley, Try Try Again, Id, Master Core, Save the World Heroes, Uprising music, ....

*drones on for three hours*

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
There is nothing to pump me up more than metal. Avenged sevenfold, Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, and even bands like Dream Theater are all very amazing bands that really pump me up.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I listen to the Space Jam theme song combined with Smash Bros songs. They're great when I'm trying to just get spikes.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
As far in-game music goes: Xenoblade, Sonic, Pokemon and a handful of others.

Non in-game music/my favorite jams:

etc.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Music that gets me pumped is.

Rap = Rap like King Kuunta,Twinz or just any Ice cube and Tupac rap ever (Does It g ma count?)

Club music = Tracks like Ride on time,I wanna feel or just any good 90's club track

Metal = Godsmack- I stand alone... Nuff said

Game music = I listen to the Prince of persia soundtrack mostly SOT and WW cuz I really like the arabic instruments and vocals.

Das it

Last edited:

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I listen to the Space Jam theme song combined with Smash Bros songs. They're great when I'm trying to just get spikes.
A fellow dunk connoisseur. I like you.

Personally I enjoy the pokemon music, and I have a soft spot for the weirder music, like the Duck Hunt song from the Duck Hunt trailer, or the Vocal remix from Pilotwings

Also Sandstorm. SUCH MLG

Snigg

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1048-8508-9974
I'm just wondering what music do you listen to while you play? I listen to like fast pace metal, deathcore, some times electroic music. What about you?
Whenever I play against another Mega Man main, I put on an orchestrated music video of Dr. Wily's Stage
Otherwise, I turn on Pandora and pick out a radio station I'm in the mood for (Incubus, Muse, Utada, Imagine Dragons, Jason Mraz, K/JPop, etc.)

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I usually try listening to something upbeat, something that will get me into the groove.
This is a good one for me
It works so well with my C.Falcon for some odd reason.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I haven't gotten around to listening to music outside of the TV while I play as Lucina (Tharja color palette) or female Robin, but since it's different than what other users' posts have, I'll just go ahead and post this. It also helps in not taking not Smash so seriously whether you win or not.

I think I'd listen to this too if I listened to music outside of TV while playing again. Fated Battle.

123outerme

Smash Cadet
NNID
123outerme
The DK Rap, recently. It's great to listen to, especially when I'm playing DK. I dunno why, but it's really catchy. Also the Mega Man 2 Medley is awesome.

Last edited:

Julio Conde

Smash Rookie
NNID
jconde161
3DS FC
4484-9779-3573
Honestly anything with a lot of percussion puts me in the right headspace.

DeliciousDarren

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-3664-3412
It's so interesting how both calm and upbeat music can help people play better depending on the person. I'm not sure yet which type helps me out more.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
in game music i listen to is whatever plays on Gaur Plain, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Train, and Arena Ferox. however, if i'm listening to something outside of the game, it'd mostly be electro-swing. jaunty, energetic, snazzy, yet laid back, perfect for for a spot of casual play on the go.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For fast paced battles (I usually play this while at the Boxing Ring):

For serious battles:

Eagle_Eyes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1774-9356
Man it goes from anything to Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, to even songs such as the Metal Gear Solid theme "Calling to the Night", depends on the mindset, always has a factor when you play. :)

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
The music in Pokemon trainer music really gets me pumped same with the Fire Emblem music.

CaP_Omega

Smash Apprentice
I very usually listen to the game disc audio for the sake of battle rhythm, but I do have certain preferences for traditionally composed music. Here are some albums I like:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Melodic Power Metal all the way! I like the Neoclassical type of Metal too, oh, and Symphonic.
Have a taste:

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i know mine probably wont be the popular choice but i love listenin to trap music to get me hype like chief keef, waka flocka, gucci mane not to be confused with the dupstep trap music which i love too :p

lyricly not that great but perfect to just get me ignorant and hype XD

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well since Ryu is at long last in Smash Bros., this soundtrack just feels sooooo SO right for him!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 baby!
^ Ryu's Stage: The Road. X3

It gets me SO hyped and pumped! Love the drums!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

This song really gets me in the fighting mood. It's even better when you play it on Suzaku's Castle.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
In terms of Smash music, I'd say Open Your Heart, His World (instrumental) and Ryu's theme are the most hype. Sonic songs in general are very good.

Last edited:

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
Gotta love the noragami theme aka "Hello, Sleepwalkers"