• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Off topic/Spam Warning Received
Well Mewtwo is apparently missing based on one of the pics so there's still hope for Fiora :grin:

Likely Ridley/K Rool/Dixie/No idea
im sick of the ridley crap..

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'd say so, he seems to have pretty high chances regardless of Gematsu's credibility, being a new Nintendo IP and all.
Chorus Men, on the other hand...
even with the chorus men, that sneaky spirit in smash run kinda suggests something rythem haven will be involved.
I kinda want them in so this stupid new leak can be fake, only good thing about it to me was shulk.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'd say so, he seems to have pretty high chances regardless of Gematsu's credibility, being a new Nintendo IP and all.
Chorus Men, on the other hand...
Believe in the Sneaky Spirit!

Man, if this turns out to be fake... Someone has far too much time to pour into something like this.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Wow this escalated quickly. And then was torn to pieces.

Even though there are a heap of inconsistencies, it's still cool to see stuff like this. It gets me even more hyped for the real deal.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Don't click unless you want to know the *possible* final roster
Shulk is as great as the 3rd parties
I attempted to make Shulk from the icon.
50 hours in photoshop.

*fangirling uncontrollably* Sweet Jesus. Regardless of the fact this is probably fake...I think I'm about to die from the hype of possibly seeing Shulk in smash bros. Someone. Help. That pic isn't helping.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
My honest opinion is ridley,krystal,and king k rool will not make it in they game.they are outdated, and basically the fans are the ones trying to make them relevant.Mewtwo sounds maybe possible and sceptile i see no chance

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
My honest opinion is ridley,krystal,and king k rool will not make it in they game.they are outdated, and basically the fans are the ones trying to make them relevant.Mewtwo sounds maybe possible and sceptile i see no chance
The only one I agree with is K. Rool. All of those other characters have appeared in recent games... Sceptile, though, shouldn't be in Smash Bros.

If this is fake, I hope Shulk's actual render looks as impressive as this one.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Lovely, another leak popped up in my absence.

Well, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. It's fake, guys. Don't get your hopes up about it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This one just doesn't feel fake to me. Don't try to convince yourselves of that too hard.

We've found "inconsistencies" before. Greninja/Hawlucha in X&Y, anyone?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
This one just doesn't feel fake to me. Don't try to convince yourselves of that too hard.

We've found "inconsistencies" before. Greninja/Hawlucha in X&Y, anyone?
i want it to be real cuz of shulk,but why dr mario???

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is the last time you'll be warned to stop being off topic. This is the Shulk thread, if you can't get it through your head to actually bother taking other character discussion to other/appropriate threads, then you shouldn't be posting here at all.

That goes double for everyone. I understand things are hectic, but don't stray into general leak/character discussion.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
This is the last time you'll be warned to stop being off topic. This is the Shulk thread, if you can't get it through your head to actually bother taking other character discussion to other/appropriate threads, then you shouldn't be posting here at all.

That goes double for everyone. I understand things are hectic, but don't stray into general leak/character discussion.
we are talking about a character roster leak,they are wanted characters....it`s not off topic at all

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i want it to be real cuz of shulk,but why dr mario???
Because he's an easy clone addition, and I can see Sakurai choosing to make him not an alt because Doc never used Fludd.

I mean come on, people, his reasoning for Lucina wasn't her different look, it was her sword physics. (I mean, what the ****.)

Even Pitoo has a better reason than her, because he can't use the Sacred Treasures (among other stuff, I'm sure.)

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Because he's an easy clone addition, and I can see Sakurai choosing to make him not an alt because Doc never used Fludd.

I mean come on, people, his reasoning for Lucina wasn't her different look, it was her sword physics. (I mean, what the ****.)

Even Pitoo has a better reason than her, because he can't use the Sacred Treasures (among other stuff, I'm sure.)
sakurai said he doesn`t want clones this game...looks at lucina

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Off topic character roster discussion/Spam Warning Received
Well Mewtwo is apparently missing based on one of the pics so there's still hope for Fiora :grin:

Likely Ridley/K Rool/Dixie/No idea
If the DLC with Lucas, Snake, Chorus Men, Ice Climbers, and Wolf is legit, then a DK newcomer, a Zelda newcomer, and/or Ridley are likely the other characters (if there are some.)

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
This is fake. Shulk wouldn't be on the same row as third-party characters, and his close up render looks terrible. Fake, fake, fake.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
The day when every smash character realizes just how magnificently glorious Shulk's hair is, and their grand endeavors to make it their own.
Also shulk has too much swag

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So how many people believe this? Like I said I don't want this to be Gemetsu 2.0 but some aspects such as the Shulk render would just be ridiculous to fake. Plus the stage select screen has camera angles of known stages that would be seemingly impossible to falsify.

All of the "leaked" photos for reference:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Warning Received
So how many people believe this? Like I said I don't want this to be Gemetsu 2.0 but some aspects such as the Shulk render would just be ridiculous to fake. Plus the stage select screen has camera angles of known stages that would be seemingly impossible to falsify.

mother f*cker leaker seems legit...lmao

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

The DLC list was made up, so that part isn't real.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The DLC list was made up, so that part isn't real.
That part just seems to be catering to stuff that is missed. So far, I have about 10% faith in this leak, but only time will tell.

Why can't we just have Shulk announced now. Would make all of this waiting for the game less strressful.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

With all the inconsistencies that have been found? I definitely don't believe it. I know it looks impressive, but it's not like there's a lack of people who can create decent 3D models on the internet, if given enough time.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There's simply too many problems with that "leak". It's fake. From a wonky UI (including missing %) to an incredibly shady Ganondorf taken straight from Twilight Princess I don't see any reason to trust it. And good renders are especially not a good reason.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
That part just seems to be catering to stuff that is missed. So far, I have about 10% faith in this leak, but only time will tell.

Why can't we just have Shulk announced now. Would make all of this waiting for the game less strressful.
1000000000000% agreed,reveal shulk=happiness

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Wow and I've been talking all day about how much I wanted the roster to leak. What convinces me as to not dismiss it quickly is actually Shulk. His art looks good, and fits with all other character art and poses. Gaur Plains makes sense as a 3DS stage, imo.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There's simply too many problems with that "leak". It's fake. From a wonky UI (including missing %) to an incredibly shady Ganondorf taken straight from Twilight Princess I don't see any reason to trust it. And good renders are especially not a good reason.
I don't think it's wise to be so certain at this point, almost all of the inconsistencies can be explained away.

Still, it's not real until we KNOW it's real. Shulk looks amazing, though.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Wow and I've been talking all day about how much I wanted the roster to leak. What convinces me as to not dismiss it quickly is actually Shulk. His art looks good, and fits with all other character art and poses. Gaur Plains makes sense as a 3DS stage, imo.
but dr mario completely denies it..he`s not in the right order,i want shulk tho and his art looks awesome,btw where are there roster leaks found?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
but dr mario completely denies it..he`s not in the right order,i want shulk tho and his art looks awesome,btw where are there roster leaks found?
The Dr. Mario part, they could just put him in a different series than Mario. Make his icon a vitamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom