• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
but it's ike and ike wrecks marth, dunban doesn't get rekt, neither does ike, and ike is very fast in his games
Sadly, he isn't really fast in Smash though. dat 55% Path of Radiance speed growth lol, and yes, Marth is bad in his own games. But since we're talking about Smash here...
EDIT: He actually has a 35% speed growth in Radiant Dawn, the game from which his current model originates. That's Micaiah level. So he is only fast in PoR, too.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Guys... I have a confession. It pains me to say it but I can't leave it any longer...

I haven't actually finished the game yet, I'm level 69 in Bionis Interior and I somehow managed to get underlevelled so I get demoralised whenever I play it, therefore I decided to do a 100% file :p

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
It's obvious the event match should be Shulk vs. Samus, Mega Man and Giant Rob. Or Shulk vs. Rosalina, Pautena and Giant Ganondorf (he's the closet thing to a god besides those two).

Every popular character gets that sort of ridiculous trolling. It's kind of sad.
I'd take it as a complement. The fact that people are making up such stupid reasoning as to why Shulk won't be in the game such as there's too many humans, means everyone knows he's one of if not the most likely newcomer left.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Captain Falcon should be Dunban instead. They share the same voice actor after all.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What if I hate Shulk, but I am willing to give him a chance based on a leak?
By the way, if you want to actually see why the Ridley Vs. Shulk event would be fitting:

This first video just shows where the "Dinobeast is big and scary" line for the event title would come from.

This is the actual fight with the telethia.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
This reminds me of Morgan from FE: Awakening...
FLAMINGO PUNCH
and one of his abilities has cherry blossoms in it after all.
Ignis has had me honestly considering starting a file in Awakening with an avatar named Dunban. All I'd need is a brave sword and a high speed stat.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
It would fit in perfectly with Sakurai's quirky humor actually. Event name: "Don't I know you from somewhere?"
YES
Anyway.
To be honest, I feel like the one with Pit protecting Palutena was still a pretty damn good event idea in the first place, and I'm struggling to think of any more. Maybe something with Robin since she uses "ether" and they look similar?
EDIT: Which now that I think about it only adds fuel to the shipping fire. Oops

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
YES
Anyway.
To be honest, I feel like the one with Pit protecting Palutena was still a pretty damn good event idea in the first place, and I'm struggling to think of any more. Maybe something with Robin since she uses "ether" and they look similar?
Perhaps Robin can be a Melia stand in for the Ridley/Telethia event?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh, also, don't forget that Ness and Lucas are psychic.
Dunno how that ties into anything but whatever

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
YES
Anyway.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh, also, don't forget that Ness and Lucas are psychic.
Dunno how that ties into anything but whatever
There are hamburgers in Earthbound

Fat Shulk confirmed as alt costume

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
How about an event called "No ordinary swordsmen" where you have to fight Robin and Shulk? I would throw Isaac in too, if makes it in as playable.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Just pointing this out quickly, it's Neo Zero not Non Zero
Uhh interesting. I guess I mixed up his username with a math term lol
-
Yeah, I always see fat Shulk when google image searching
-
Here's an interesting Shulk model I often come across too, while I'm at it

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Uhh interesting. I guess I mixed up his username with a math term lol
-
Yeah, I always see fat Shulk when google image searching
-
Here's an interesting Shulk model
-_______- that fat shulk make me feel so....:glare:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hey guys, since we're all Shulk supporters (and probably players of Xenoblade Chronicles), can I have some game help? I mean, if you want to help, of course.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey guys, since we're all Shulk supporters (and probably players of Xenoblade Chronicles), can I have some game help? I mean, if you want to help, of course.
Help with what? If it has to do with Xenoblade I can probably help you out.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Ignis has had me honestly considering starting a file in Awakening with an avatar named Dunban. All I'd need is a brave sword and a high speed stat.
Brb doing exactly that
I got yo' back, man. What'cha needin'?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk... changes the future into... *blurgh*
that does not flow at all
Shulk has a vision that tells him that he will be in Smash bros therefore he is now in smash bros!

I got that flow son.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Brb doing exactly that

I got yo' back, man. What'cha needin'?
I'm at Valak Mountain right now. My entire team is Level 45, and I'm going to the bottom of the mountain as said by the plot. Strange thing is, I'm having a lot more difficulty with Valak Mountain than I have in any other portions of the game so far. I haven't avoided grinding, and I've done a good chunk of sidequests. The enemies aren't completely wrecking me, but despite the fact that I'm around the same level as them, I'm having MUCH more difficulty with battles. In fact, in a battle with a same level (45) enemy, my entire team except for Dunban fainted, and I BARELY finished off the enemy with him. Is Valak Mountain just a difficulty spike in general?
Here's my current team, should I shuffle it around or should I just grind a bit?
Dunban - Shulk - Melia

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Shulk has a vision that tells him that he will be in Smash bros therefore he is now in smash bros!

I got that flow son.
I can feel the flow!
Shulk engages the enemy is my favorite, actually.
I bet no one gets the reference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom