• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I like mekonis field more but its a good one.
I always liked Mechonis Field. I just think Central Factory is kinda underated.
I love Mechonis Field for playing something while listening to it. It always makes me feel calm and not nervous like I actually tend to be.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
He could be secret.
If he was secret and didn't get a kick*** reveal trailer I might die a bit inside considering I've been looking forward to one since E3 last year. Don't get me wrong, I will be ecstatic when Shulk is in smash, but if there is no reveal trailer I'm going to feel a little cheated you know?

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
If he was secret and didn't get a kick*** reveal trailer I might die a little bit inside considering I've been looking forward to one since E3 last year. Don't get me wrong, I will be ecstatic when Shulk is in smash, but if there is no reveal trailer I'm going to feel a little cheated you know?
Same with King K. Rool for me. I feel we'll get one more real Nintendo Direct before the release, where they'll reveal Shulk, possibly alongside Meta Knight.

Maybe they'll do one of those surprise trailer premieres like with Robin and Lucina but with Wario and King K. Rool.

And I think we'll get one more pic of the day: Ice Climbers.

They keep a Metroid rep, a Zelda rep, and Marshall hidden until post-release.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I still have a bitter taste in the mouth since Chrom disconfirmation trailer. If shulk doesn't get a nice CG trailer I'll be very mad.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Same with King K. Rool for me. I feel we'll get one more real Nintendo Direct before the release, where they'll reveal Shulk, possibly alongside Meta Knight.

Maybe they'll do one of those surprise trailer premieres like with Robin and Lucina but with Wario and King K. Rool.

And I think we'll get one more pic of the day: Ice Climbers.

They keep a Metroid rep, a Zelda rep, and Marshall hidden until post-release.
If a new Zelda rep is going to be included and not secret then they would be revealed within the next 2 days considering the Hyrule Warriors direct is tomorrow at 11pm.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Started up the new Shulk social convo since Hokori couldn't rejoin the last one. I sent out invites to everybody in the last one, and if anybody wants to join the new one then put a comment on my profile and I'll add you :)

Edit: 500TH POST!

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
About Shulk possibly not having a trailer at a direct, how would people feel if the newcomers that are unlockable have a small spurt of a trailer? Like for Lucina, they start it up and stop it before they show Captain Falcon.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I'd be slightly disappointed too if Shulk was a secret character and not given a trailer. Of course at the end of the day it doesn't matter, all that does matter is Shulk being playable, but man no trailer would be a waste. And although I won't make claims stating Shulk WILL be revealed either now or next month right before release (after what happened last time...), I do have a good feeling about Shulk being revealed before release. He's the most requested newcomer in Japan and has a sizeable fanbase in the West, it wouldn't make sense for this highly requested character not to get a trailer.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
About Shulk possibly not having a trailer at a direct, how would people feel if the newcomers that are unlockable have a small spurt of a trailer? Like for Lucina, they start it up and stop it before they show Captain Falcon.
You mean like the thing where it goes "Lucina wakes her blade?!" or whatever. Oh ya. That would be so cool if it did that when you unlock a new character.

"Shulk envisions victory!" ...and que squealing of everybody in this thread. He'll get his own trailer though. I'm sure of it.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'd be slightly disappointed too if Shulk was a secret character and not given a trailer. Of course at the end of the day it doesn't matter, all that does matter is Shulk being playable, but man no trailer would be a waste. And although I won't make claims stating Shulk WILL be revealed either now or next month right before release (after what happened last time...), I do have a good feeling about Shulk being revealed before release. He's the most requested newcomer in Japan and has a sizeable fanbase in the West, it wouldn't make sense for this highly requested character not to get a trailer.
It's been stated that every newcomer will get a trailer, hasn't it? I don't think we need to worry about this at all.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
Honestly i wouldnt care if he got a trailer as long as he is playable i am happy

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I honestly feel as though if he doesn't get a trailer involving R.O.B. and/or Palutena, it will be a missed opportunity.
EDIT: Or an event match. But a trailer would be flasher. Maybe both?

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
How would that be a missed opportunity
R.O.B. could act like the mechon
Palutena is a god and all. If you don't get the connection there then I can only assume you need to beat Xenoblade, in which case you maybe shouldn't have opened this.

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. could act like the mechon
Palutena is a god and all. If you don't get the connection there then I can only assume you need to beat Xenoblade, in which case you maybe shouldn't have opened this.
I havent beaten it yet im fighting mumkhar on valak mountain but im underleveled so im questing

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I havent beaten it yet im fighting ummm i dont want to spoil it and i dont know how to do spoilers but im on valak mountain
I see. Then never mind about Palutena, you saw nothing. I probably should have put that part in a spoiler tag. I'm so sorry.
Edit: I mean, I'm not insinuating anything about Palutena and Shulk being an opportunity. What are you talking about?!

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really want him to be reveal this month, I hate to have him reveal at the last minute.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I also have a feeling Shulk's time is this month. I can't explain why, it's just a gut feeling.
But my uncle can indeed confirm that Shulk is playable because he works at Nintendo. His name is Captain Obvious for details.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I see. Then never mind about Palutena, you saw nothing. I probably should have put that part in a spoiler tag. I'm so sorry.
The whole god-slaying thing is a title of a song in the OST, it's not a big deal. :b Especially since the Bionis and Mechonis are basically gods, and I assumed the Mechonis would be the final boss somehow since the start. I shouldn't assume.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I also have a feeling Shulk's time is this month. I can't explain why, it's just a gut feeling.
But my uncle can indeed confirm that Shulk is playable because he works at Nintendo. His name is Captain Obvious for details.
When I read that, I thought it was going to say "Captain Falcon" and then I was going to get really hyped, but then it wasn't.

Anyway, I'mma keep holding my breath till August 19th. That's when we celebrate the European release of Xenoblade anyway.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
If every newcomer has a trailer well it means there's not a lot of them remaining unless they unleash a trailer avalanche by the end of the month, and I doubt that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom