• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Time for me to go to bed, and tomorrow, it finally happens: #MonadoMonday!

Shulk shall appear in my dreams as a sign of what's to come.

Groose

Smash Champion
Getting revealed in your own livestream? That is a right for gods only. You mortals have become insolent under Gematsu's protection. You think that Shulk could make the cut over a divine being like me? Don't make me laugh. It will be fun to watch all of your pathetic reactions when I take my rightful place in the roster on Monday.

#HadesOverHoms #MonadoBusted #TheMonadoWon'tWorkForABunchOfLosersLikeYou #HadesRealHeropon

P.S.: I wholeheartedly approve of the state of anarchy this thread is in right now.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I have one thing to say again:
I feel very welcome in this thread. The people here are very nice, fun and there's no negativity. This is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed: all the hype, the funny GIFs and pictures, the happiness...
Thank you all for all of that!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We could have a Skype social group when this is said and done that can go along with the Shulk social thread. Of course, the Skype group would also be used for constructive Shulk discussion as he will be my main (like most others in here) and I plan on hitting the lab with him ASAP.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I feel like I should change my avatar, but I've gotten so used to Bomberman.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If I had my laptop, I'd make one, but not right now.

Someone replace this with Shulk's head.
I'll probably get to making one after the trailer.

And yes, someone please replace the gif with Shulk's head. +5 cool points to the individual that does this.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I think I'll change my avatar after Shulk is confirmed, but for now, the no-avatar dude shall be enough for my needs.
Also, I'm pretty used to him too.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'll probably get to making one after the trailer.

And yes, someone please replace the gif with Shulk's head. +5 cool points to the individual that does this.
That would be HELL considering how many frames it has, which makes me sad because I REALLY wanna do it.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Stick Shulk's hair and a monado on him and you're good to go!
Ugh, I am so lazy though. Somebody less lazy then me make me an avatar!

So, this is something I posted a while ago, thought it would be fun to quote it since we know have 46,000 more people viewing this thread then before.

THE MAKING SHULK FEEL UNIQUE USING MONADO ARTS AS 'B' MOVES CHALLENGE

So, I keep hearing how the Monado can make Shulk a unique fighter, and I obviously agree. However, I feel like all of the Shulk move lists I see seem kind of boring. If the Monado is such a unique weapon we should really be able to do much better. I propose we look at Shulk's possible specials, and, using ONLY MONADO ARTS AS SPECIALS, try to make him feel truly different from anyone else on the roster. Here is my attempt:

Side B - Monado Buster: The most boring move I'm including, the general gimmick of it would be that it's range and knockback start out slow but can grow to extremes (both in length and power) if charged. I was also considering Monado Eater here, which would be damage over time effect.

Neutral B - Monado Cyclone: A lot of people use this as a recovery but I feel it works best as a neutral. It would cast cyclone, which would obviously do a decent amount of damage on both sides of Shulk. I would have this be a charge move and the longer you charge the attack the bigger the area of effect and the more damage it does. Now, what makes this move special? Well, in Xenoblade the move can cause TOPPLE, so, in Smash, it should have a chance to TRIP anyone that it hits. Fully charged it should be a 100% chance to trip. Might also be fun if it spiked in the air.

Down B - Monado Shield: There are a lot of options for this spot, but I think Shield could be a lot of fun. How about this? Every time Shulk uses the move he has a period of time were he would completely absorb the next 'B' attack an enemy tries to hit him with. No knock back, no damage, no anything.... but only one attack and only for 'B' attacks. It would at least fit with what it does in game.

Up B - Monado Purge: The Purge animation has Shulk jumping in the air, so I could see it being used as a recovery. I would make it a move you can aim, so you can use it to cover ground horizontally as well. In order to reflect it's function in game, it would immediately remove any defensive ability a character is using and lock them out of it for a few seconds. So, if Fox was using his reflector for example, it would knock him out of it and stop him from using it for 2-3 seconds.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Well, at least there have been many evidence that Shulk is going to be in the game such as

Shulk voice actor tweets (Adam doesn't do voice acting on games often which is why this is notable).

The writer of Xenoblade tweeting Sakurai post (and he did this on 2013 E3 which is where Xenoblade X got announced and 2014 where there been gameplay and a trailer of the mentioned game.)
I've been meaning to ask, but how many times has Xenoblade's writer retweet something Smash or Nintendo related? I know whenever Takahasi's wife retweets something Nintendo related X would appear (except for the Smash Direct back in April). Also is the writer for Xenoblade working on Xenoblade X?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
My thoughts exactly. I was feeling like using a Shulk avatar, but I really like this Demi-fiend picture I am using as avatar atm.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I've been meaning to ask, but how many times has Xenoblade's writer retweet something Smash or Nintendo related? I know whenever Takahasi's wife retweets something Nintendo related X would appear (except for the Smash Direct back in April). Also is the writer for Xenoblade working on Xenoblade X?
afaik, the writer retweeted...
- before the reveal of Xenoblade Chronicles at the E3.
- before the reveal of X at the E3.
So this newcomer video must be something really special... or so we suppose.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My thoughts exactly. I was feeling like using a Shulk avatar, but I really like this Demi-fiend picture I am using as avatar atm.
My reason is because:

1) Any Shulk avatar I'd use is taken
2) Too lazy to make my own
3) L is awesome

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, i've been lurking this thread for the last year or so and I think if there's any time to join it's probably now.
I've wanted Shulk in Smash more than anything else and i'm extremely excited that it seems to be a possibility!
Please don't make me cry Sakurai <3
So yeah, ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

Also I can't believe this name wasn't taken ^^

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I successfully managed to beat the final boss and finish Xenoblade Chronicles. If Shulk is revealed tomorrow, my timing couldn't possibly be better.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I couldn't find the energy to do the rest of the Gif since it was like 78 frames,
but this is better than nothing I guess.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Here's a good gif for anyone who hates that little runt as much as I do. How dare you take my spot in Smash, little brat?
I'M STILL HUNGRY!! For more Xord content. (To be honest Xord is pretty much my favorite character in Xenoblade for his personality)

Anyways guys, as we get closer and closer I ask that you keep video/gif/photo dump only posts without text to a minimum.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
https://twitter.com/sogorukyo/status/476017276584333313

So we keep bringing up Adam Howden, but how come no one ever brings up this tweet from Shulk's Japanese voice actor, Shintaro Asanuma? It's from June (actually newer then the Howden tweet) and he says that he hopes he can tell us some good news soon and then uses the hashtag #xenoblade.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
+5 cool points for @ Solfiner Solfiner .

On a side note, I'm watching EVO and Reggie started talking...I guess I was just so hype I thought he was about to reveal a character :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom