• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Didn't realize the jump thing until it was brought up by several of the posters here.
I appreciate that touch, along with Shulk having the Monado sheathed.

Since Mega Man apparently plays like how he does in his own games, I wonder if Shulk will retain the slighty stiff jumping as he does in Xenoblade, haha.
it seemed to be the case since from what we seen in that video of shulk I believe he does not do double jumps meaning either they did put that into his moveset or the CPU is dumb

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
it seemed to be the case since from what we seen in that video of shulk I believe he does not do double jumps meaning either they did put that into his moveset or the CPU is dumb
They wouldn't disable a character's double jump just for the sake of canon. Besides, I could'a sworn I did see a double jump.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
They wouldn't disable a character's double jump just for the sake of canon. Besides, I could'a sworn I did see a double jump.
to be fair I noticed while he only seemed to jump once his jump distance is insane like he went across battlefield on one hop so if he is limited to one jump I can see it being like yoshi being insanely good for vertical jumps

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
to be fair I noticed while he only seemed to jump once his jump distance is insane like he went across battlefield on one hop so if he is limited to one jump I can see it being like yoshi being insanely good for vertical jumps
He did multiple double jumps. Including right before the Air Slash. I just now rewatched the video.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
You know, I kinda doubt Shulk will get a reveal trailer. He seems like prime hidden character material, so Sakurai probably didn't intend for him to be revealed until after release.

Just a theory.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
You know, I kinda doubt Shulk will get a reveal trailer. He seems like prime hidden character material, so Sakurai probably didn't intend for him to be revealed until after release.

Just a theory.
at the same time though shulk is japan's number one most want newcomer so it would make sense for him to be the last character announced before launch to hype the east up

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Really? Because I hear orchestration instead of electric guitar in the Smash version. I'm not the only one, am I?
Looks like I'll be needing to whip out my headphone amp!
It's actually an arrangement! The rhythm is actually different from how it is in the original song.
Original song is like:
1 and 2, 3, 4, 1, 2!!------------
This one is more like:
1 e+a 2, 3, 4, 1, 2!!!-----------

This means that they added a few notes at the start. Also, the beginning of the victory theme sounds more like trumpets than guitar.

edit: While I have this out, I might as well see if I can better hear what Shulk's saying during the video.

Last edited:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
TIME FOR GIFS:

Forward Smash/Side Special? (Slit Edge):
___

Down Smash:
___

Up Smash:
___

Down Tilt:
___

Up Tilt:
___

Neutral Air/Forward Air?:
___

Down Air:
___

B Special (Monado Kanji Change):
___

Side Special/Forward Smash/FTilt? (Stream Edge):
___

Down Special (Vision? Counter):
___

Up Special (Air Slash):
___

Ledge Attack:
___

Taunt:

Victory:

This is all assumption of where the moves belong.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Yeah, idk if the amp helped much with what Shulk said during fighter stance

At the start a think I hear either a 'w' or 'r' sound followed by an 'ee'. At the end I hear the 'i' (as in bit) noise. I was thinking "We beat it!" but it sounds like four syllables in total. Honestly, it sounds like 'Reeted 'B' him" if I take all context and what makes sense out of it.

One thing I do notice is the voice sounds significantly different from when Shulk says ''Air Slash." Maybe this fighter stance uses his Japanese voice.
-

Oh wow, Shulk keeps the Monado on his back when he does his up Smash. That's so bad ass!!
-

This could also be forward tilt.
-
Oh but you're right that's definitely stream edge. Is there no end to the fan service?! I love it.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Whoops! Subtle as a sledgehammer. Not that anyone could doubt the leak anymore, but now...hahaha.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Aha, so his Up Smash (and Side Smash, presumably) IS a two-hitter! You can see it hitting Ganon's shield BEFORE Shulk juices the Monado for the laser thrust. Man, his Up and Side Smashes are probably my favorite tied with Bowser's Side Smash and Mac having the 3 different Side Smashes.

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Oh man, he might have some of my favorite smash attacks ever, especially the Spin2Win down smash.

Also, I don't know, his voice sounds like Adam to me, at the very least, it sounded VERY British when he said Air Slash.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
TIME FOR GIFS:

Forward Smash/Side Special? (Slit Edge):
___

Down Smash:
___

Up Smash:
___

Down Tilt:
___

Up Tilt:
___

Neutral Air/Forward Air?:
___

Down Air:
___

B Special (Monado Kanji Change):
___

Side Special/Forward Smash? (Stream Edge):
___

Down Special (Vision? Counter):
___

Up Special (Air Slash):
___

Ledge Attack:
___

Taunt:

Victory:

This is all assumption of where the moves belong.
I think the one you're labeling as his side-special is his side-tilt, although it seems pretty powerful, so maybe not....

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That down smash is swole.
I like how he keeps the Monado on his back, somehow it makes it seem more like a tool than a weapon.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Just a theory.
Actually Shulk is huge in Japan and any newcomer revealed right now would be fuelling hype for the Japanese release.

Sure Bowser Jr.and Duck Hunt Dog could probably do that too, but Shulk would likely be more potent since he's among Japans most wanted characters.

Maybe to the west Shulk is "prime hidden character material", but that's not necessarily true for Japan.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dem gifs are hyping me so much to play as Shulk in Smash. This one in special is so badass:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2epo5v/4chan_user_potentially_leaks_interesting/

Oh look another leak.
The only Shulk parts are: To Unlock: Shulk complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer)

Final Smash:Shulk's sword extends out to 2 or 3 times its size and he does a huge overhead slash

Moveset:Up special is air slash, like dolphin slash but he only attacks at the height of it instead of while rising up. Neutral special is Monado Cycle. switches the kanji in the blade to buff his attributes temporarily. You press B and the symbol appears behind him. If you don't press it again he keeps that one, if you press B it cycles to the next one. Speed up-attack damage up-defense up. Down special is a prediction counter. Side Special is back slash, he stabs forward and pulses the blade. does more damage if the enemy is facing the other way

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2epo5v/4chan_user_potentially_leaks_interesting/

Oh look another leak.
The only Shulk parts are: To Unlock: Shulk complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer)

Final Smash:Shulk's sword extends out to 2 or 3 times its size and he does a huge overhead slash

Moveset:Up special is air slash, like dolphin slash but he only attacks at the height of it instead of while rising up. Neutral special is Monado Cycle. switches the kanji in the blade to buff his attributes temporarily. You press B and the symbol appears behind him. If you don't press it again he keeps that one, if you press B it cycles to the next one. Speed up-attack damage up-defense up. Down special is a prediction counter. Side Special is back slash, he stabs forward and pulses the blade. does more damage if the enemy is facing the other way
Honestly, I hope it's fake, and it seems fake. Buster as his Final Smash? Eugh. There would be much better options. We'll wait and see I suppose, but this strikes me as someone piggy-backing off the real leak to get their 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Oh look another leak.

Isabelle--- wait what?

Fake?

To be honest, we're actually hoping that one leak of Shulk (his Final Smash) is fake.... For once...

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Isabelle--- wait what?

Fake?

To be honest, we're actually hoping that one leak of Shulk (his Final Smash) is fake.... For once...
And why would Back Slash have Slit Edge's animation? This screams fake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
N-no...it's...the PotD confirms a leaked photo.
Was the challenges screen not part of the 3DS features montage at E3? I'll have to go double check.

I really like Shulk's up and down smashes..... I'm still really hoping his side B is more exciting then Back Stab or Slit Edge.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know it's early bit do you guys think that Shulk would be a one off newcomer considering he is not in X?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I know it's early bit do you guys think that Shulk would be a one off newcomer considering he is not in X?
Nope. Not a chance. He's the series' first protagonist and a unique fighter. No reason to cut him.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Marth is not present in most Fire Emblem games, so not necessarily... That will depend a lot of the success of Xenoblade X, I think.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There is also no way to know if Xenoblade and X are connected in anyway. If they are, it is likely to not be revealed until the end of the game, in manner similar to the connection between Crono Trigger and Crono Cross (another Monolith Soft creation.)

I like that Shulk keeps the Monado on his back. It makes it easier for him to use it as a two handed weapon while also picking up items. It also separates him from other swordsmen.

I also like that a lot of moves involve energy pulses from the Monado as opposed t sword swipes, as this once again makes him seem different from any other character on the roster.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well i just returned. Them gifs man... Also, my copy Xenoblade Chronicles will arrive 2 days earlier than expected, yay!

And i deserve it because

I SCORED A MOTHERTRUCKIN' A (best possible grade below A+/1+ etc.) IN MY EXAM! HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman

Oh look another leak.

One week away from here and I come back to see all this? Wo, crazy stuff.

But yeah, like everyone above, the Isabelle thing just doesn't seem right at all. If it is true, however, does that mean potential Ghirahim character...?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Guys when Shulk is announced for the next batch of Mario Kart 8 Dlc, he will be riding Juju's Buggy.

Also, beat Smash Run on the highest intensity as ROB to unlock Shulk? Based on how easy the Brawl unlocks were and how Sakurai just stated that the challenges on 3ds will be easier than the Wii U, that sounds like too difficult of a condition.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Guys when Shulk is announced for the next batch of Mario Kart 8 Dlc, he will be riding Juju's Buggy.

Also, beat Smash Run on the highest intensity as ROB to unlock Shulk? Based on how easy the Brawl unlocks were and how Sakurai just stated that the challenges on 3ds will be easier than the Wii U, that sounds like too difficult of a condition.
I just want a Juju's buggy kart. DO IT NINTENDO!

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
That new "leak" is pretty interesting and I honestly hope it's true actually. The only thing that sounds wrong is Isabelle being both an assist and a playable character. Such thing didn't happen in Brawl, did it ?
On other hand it wouldn't surprise me THAT much considering Sakurai/Nintendo's weird decisions sometimes, and the "leak" has quite good arguments for it. We'll see. Now we have Shulk's vision confirmed after all :)

From what we can see on the leaked videos, he doesn't really look like a Marth clone that much imo. He HAD to use the vision ability, and a counter move is the best idea for it. At first, I was a bit disappointed like many of us, especially when I saw the up B, but I'm not worried anymore actually. We'll have a great Shulk, the one we deserve.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wouldn't take "it didn't happen in Brawl" as a reason to prove or disprove anything.

That and a Junks kart. You just fly over everything and win. Or a mobile artillery. (But don't crash it as Fiora)
I want a Metal Face Kart. Just slap his face on a Mario Kart. Someone get our gif people in here. Where's @Solfiner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom