• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Shulk is higher than Ridely? wat?
Also, it's kinda shocking to see Chorus Men, Dark Pit and Girahim so high on the Chance list.
Well, a few things I forgot to mention there...
  1. The range on the chance list is HUGE. It goes from ~90% for Shulk to ~15% for Bandana Dee.
  2. Both lists leave out already disconfirmed characters, confirmed characters and veterans. Which is why the range is so large and Dark Pit is there.
  3. The difference between K Rool, Shulk and Ridley's want ratings are about 0.1%.

Hong

The Strongest
sorry i can't quote somebody without using the reply function
>~< You should never be shy of asking for help, you know. I never, ever like disciplining members of the community. I'd much rather help you by answering your questions and making sure you are both comfortable and familiar with SmashBoards.

In this instance, you don't have to hit "Post Reply" when you quote someone. It will put their quote wherever your cursor is, so you can respond to several people in one message before actually hitting Post Reply. Should you require that you want to make an addition, you can copy+paste the quote into an existing message using the edit feature.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
You can quote, then copy the quote, then use the "Edit" function and paste it in.
  1. The range on the chance list is HUGE. It goes from ~90% for Shulk to ~15% for Bandana Dee.
  2. Both lists leave out already disconfirmed characters, confirmed characters and veterans. Which is why the range is so large and Dark Pit is there.
  3. The difference between K Rool, Shulk and Ridley's want ratings are about 0.1%.
i don't reallydark pit should be his own character, maybe an alt with different voice clips?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'd imagine the Xenoblade stage containing several tracks compared to some other stages. Kinda like the amount Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise had in Brawl for example.

Assuming the stage has daylight features, would be nice if the mood of the music changes at night. Like Guar Plains and some of the 'softer' songs.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Still surprises me to see a character that was backed up by a false rumor, a clone that is most likely a stage boss on Palutena's Temple (or a costume, or both. Would really like the costume though.), and a one-time Zelda villain so high on the chance while a main character of the Kirby series is so low. And now that you tell me that the range is huge, it kinda seems like we really run out of characters. This feels SO odd.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
The pleasure is mine. :D
Of course, more mods are always welcome :) We tend to get off topic a lot, though... :/

Also, we're getting too big guys (or not big enough). We're 19 pages behind the K. Rool thread now. We can catch them! Quickly, let us talk about stage hazards for a Junks styled stage for Shulk!

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Still surprises me to see a character that was backed up by a false rumor, a clone that is most likely a stage boss on Palutena's Temple, and a one-time Zelda villain so high on the chance while a main character of the Kirby series is so low. And now that you tell me that the range is huge, it kinda seems like we really run out of characters. This feels SO odd.
Then there's this

waluigi for god tier...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Of course, more mods are always welcome :) We tend to get off topic a lot, though... :/

Also, we're getting too big guys (or not big enough). We're 19 pages behind the K. Rool thread now. We can catch them! Quickly, let us talk about stage hazards for a Junks styled stage for Shulk!
Well, while flying over sword valley, there could be mechon firing on Junks. And over Eryth Sea there could be telethia attacking.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Well, while flying over sword valley, there could be mechon firing on Junks. And over Eryth Sea there could be telethia attacking.
I kind of like the idea of a big battle taking place in the background as you're flying around. Avalanche Abassy making an appearance when you land at Valak Mountain would be sheer awesomeness. Metal Face would be a given as well... Any other ideas, anyone?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I kind of like the idea of a big battle taking place in the background as you're flying around. Avalanche Abassy making an appearance when you land at Valak Mountain would be sheer awesomeness. Metal Face would be a given as well... Any other ideas, anyone?
Maybe land on the Fallen Arm and go in the Machina Village?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm hoping to see the power of the Monado during the expected direct in August :)
This.
I think this is definitely happening.
All signs point to Shulk and this is the last chance (maybe not) to reveal him.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I really support @ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522 & @ Bosspon Bosspon 's comments for the stage. I just honestly don't want walk-offs for the Xenoblade stage. I'll admit there's some bias behind that as a competitive player...I just wanna be able to get pumped in competition and not have to sigh over not being able to play on the stage that I'm expecting to be a fan-favorite.

EDIT - Well, there is a chance that walk-offs may be handled differently if certain things are cast aside. We'll see.

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
I really support @ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522 & @ Bosspon Bosspon 's comments for the stage. I just honestly don't want walk-offs for the Xenoblade stage. I'll admit there's some bias behind that as a competitive player...I just wanna be able to get pumped in competition and not have to sigh over not being able to play on the stage that I'm expecting to be a fan-favorite.
#Gaur Plain #Bionis Leg #is #so #boodiful #issoboodiful
(EDIT)-only walk off stages I really like are onett and bridge of eldin

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

EDIT - Well, there is a chance that walk-offs may be handled differently if certain things are cast aside. We'll see.
I hate walk out stages too because people just seem to camp off screen and spam one move.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Robin, I just can't seem to take my eyes off of your . . . library.
Robin...you have so many tomes...and they're so big. You're the wind beneath my wings, the fire in my heart, and you are so electrifying! You took my heart since the moment I saw you with that Nosferatu of yours :troll:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Robin...you have so many tomes...and they're so big. You're the wind beneath my wings, the fire in my heart, and you are so electrifying! You took my heart since the moment I saw you with that Nosferatu of yours :troll:
you couldn't just wait until the sub-forum, could you

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I could just explore every inch of your . . . . vast stores of novels.

Oh, and:
Robin, with you around, I fight three times as hard!

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Hey, friends can share quotes, can't they? I mean, can't you see Dunban saying "Weak, weak and pathetic Let's press on, and on, and on, and on, and on!"
Now imagine everyone in the party saying "You can eat bread without knowing how to bake it."

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Now imagine everyone in the party saying "You can eat bread without knowing how to bake it."
Reyn: "You can eat bread without knowing how to bake it!"
Sharla: "Reyn, do you know how to bake bread?"
Reyn: "It shouldn't be too hard, yeah? What's so hard about that?"
Shulk: "Well, for starters, it requires a certain understanding of how an oven works."

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This.
I think this is definitely happening.
All signs point to Shulk and this is the last chance (maybe not) to reveal him.
I was thinking it would be smart for sales to announce Shulk shortly before the Japan release of the game, with Shulk being the most wanted character in Japan. It would kind of leave them on a hype high, which would be good for sales.

Shulk wouldn't work well as a hidden character imo, since anything Xenoblade being found, like a trophy or something, before the character is unlocked would reveal him.

I would make a hidden character somebody that the west wants badly. People would have lost hope for the character with it not being announced, but then news from Japan would reverse that causing people to be psyched.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I believe sakurai is laughing at us from behind his computer, waiting for the last day before ssb4 to anounce shulk...
Or not annoucing shulk and then he'll appear as a challenger and no one will know til they play it that shulk is in the game xD just to troll everyone

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I believe sakurai is laughing at us from behind his computer, waiting for the last day before ssb4 to anounce shulk...
I've been saying this since day one I think shulk is gonna be the very last character to be confirmed to hype the eastern fans up near launch

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I could just explore every inch of your . . . . vast stores of novels.

Oh, and:
Robin, with you around, I fight three times as hard!
I knew we could not resist the fanfictions till we got the sub fourms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom