• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
2 hours since someone posted something... Shulk deconfirmed.

P.S : got Riki at the quizz

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Finally caught up.

I took the character quiz. I specifically answered the first and last questions to try and get Shulk (the first question I didn't have an opinion, the last I outright lied). Despite my attempts to rig it:

Y Monolif y?
I do like Melia though.
You're too honest. You need to LIE in order to get who you want.

I know you're passionate about this but now's a good time to put that Serenity to good use. I know I can rely on you to do this.

Oh and you're also reticent...or something. Which I'm sure is good in some way....

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Man guys, I only had a few posts to catch up on this time. Usually there's about 5 pages. Shulk disconfirmed.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Stop Animal(Melia) abuse xp
Each day, millions of poor Melias become homeless strays. Forced from towns flooded with ether. All their families turned into monstrous birds. Many of them will become the butt of many a joke on smashboards. Only you can help. Stop the Melia abuse. Donate today.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
About a five hour gap between the Dunban and RawstyleEevee's posts, (audible gasp!)

Got Dunban in that poll. Not bad, not bad at all.

I have no idea what went down at SDCC but I presume no confirmed characters. I'm still holding out hope for August.

Last edited:

Melia

Smash Cadet
Each day, millions of poor Melias become homeless strays. Forced from towns flooded with ether. All their families turned into monstrous birds. Many of them will become the butt of many a joke on smashboards. Only you can help. Stop the Melia abuse. Donate today.
This is just getting out of hand...

D

Deleted member

I have no idea what went down at SDCC but I presume no confirmed characters. I'm still holding out hope for August.
We didn't get a character (which I expected really). The tournament was awesome though! Bowser pretty much dominated the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We didn't get a character (which I expected really). The tournament was awesome though! Bowser pretty much dominated the tournament.
Yeah, that last match was hype! I'm thinking if the game stays a similar speed though that three-stock is going to be alot better to watch than four. Four seems to drag on a bit, while three would probably be just right.

On another note, I've been thinking about that Ninka_Kiwi leak (and how godawful and obviously fake it is.) but if the concept of "Monado mode-swapping" (Yeah I know, what the hell even is that?) was actually implemented, how would you want it to work? (Yeah, I know Ninka said how it worked, but that sounds not only boring and nonsensical, but would be so completely obnoxious in a fighting game to manage it's not even funny. I mean seriously, pressing B to cycle through stats? "OK, Bowser, so I need...Mode...whatever the **** they're called.. Oh ****nuggets, that wasn't the right one. Time to cycle back thr-." FSMASH "God...damn it."

Seriously, there's a reason even Blazblue, one of the most complex fighting games out there, only has one Stance character, with one stance. 5? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I was thinking maybe the "modes" could just be the different Monado symbols, and have different properties based on the symbols. (Completely broken theoreticals: Purge Mode shuts out specials and deals extra damage. Eater Mode does dot damage, uhhh...Shield mode...shields. (This is harder than I thought.)

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
This is just getting out of hand...
Well I apologise for being rude my Ladyship, but I only want the best for you

Can contain end Xenoblade spoilers
Sadly I lack a Monado so that I could have prevented all the misery you had the endure in Xenoblade, due you atleast deserved to have your kingdom restored & perhaps the option that people could have let Shulk choose you instead of Fiora, then being forever alone in the original ending.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, that last match was hype! I'm thinking if the game stays a similar speed though that three-stock is going to be alot better to watch than four. Four seems to drag on a bit, while three would probably be just right.

On another note, I've been thinking about that Ninka_Kiwi leak (and how godawful and obviously fake it is.) but if the concept of "Monado mode-swapping" (Yeah I know, what the hell even is that?) was actually implemented, how would you want it to work? (Yeah, I know Ninka said how it worked, but that sounds not only boring and nonsensical, but would be so completely obnoxious in a fighting game to manage it's not even funny. I mean seriously, pressing B to cycle through stats? "OK, Bowser, so I need...Mode...whatever the **** they're called.. Oh ****nuggets, that wasn't the right one. Time to cycle back thr-." FSMASH "God...damn it."

Seriously, there's a reason even Blazblue, one of the most complex fighting games out there, only has one Stance character, with one stance. 5? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I was thinking maybe the "modes" could just be the different Monado symbols, and have different properties based on the symbols. (Completely broken theoreticals: Purge Mode shuts out specials and deals extra damage. Eater Mode does dot damage, uhhh...Shield mode...shields. (This is harder than I thought.)
I am so happy that this will NEVER happen.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
So my uncle's daughter's friend works at Nintendo and has confirmed that Shulk is in. However, after the hype of yesterday's final matches, Shulk is being replaced by Larry the Lobster with blonde hair and he wields the Monado.
#LivingLikeLarry

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So my uncle's daughter's friend works at Nintendo and has confirmed that Shulk is in. However, after the hype of yesterday's final matches, Shulk is being replaced by Larry the Lobster with blonde hair and he wields the Monado.
#LivingLikeLarry
hey guys my broter works nintendo, and he confrumed that dittson is a uber secret character

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
hey guys my broter works nintendo, and he confrumed that dittson is a uber secret character
really my cousin tole me he was a pokemon you could only get in a master ball

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
hey gaiz I work at Nintendo and I can say four shure dat shulk raymoo from 2hu Street fighter from street fighter George Washington and nakateleeli all made it in and solfner is an assist trophy

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
hey gaiz I work at Nintendo and I can say four shure dat shulk raymoo from 2hu Street fighter from street fighter George Washington and nakateleeli all made it in and solfner is an assist trophy
solfinur assist 2 OP and 2 stronk

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

I second this. BlazBlue kind of thrives on having every character being entirely unique, but I always end up avoiding characters that run several fighting stances with different moves and combos. (To compare BlazBlue again, the only stance I'd be fine with is something like Hazama, where a couple special attacks require you to use Serpent's Benediction 'stance' first, and doing the attack immediately sends you back to normal.)

I'd still totally play Shulk if he was a complex stance character, but Smash prides itself on being easy for anyone to pick up and play. A stance character would go against that idea completely. Even someone like Rosalina with the remote-control Luma stretches that notion. I don't think they'll be brave enough to try a stance guy, and I don't think they should.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Xenado Xenado
If you wish to make an addition to the conversation and no one else has replied, please use the edit function instead of posting again. Just a reminder~

Carry on.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

The obvious two you left out are buster - increases attack range and knockback at the expense of speed.... and speed, which is the opposite.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
We might get a reveal soon. The music went back on on the twitch channel and now there's a countdown timer on the youtube feed. 7 minutes time til it hits 0, I wonder what will happen.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We might get a reveal soon. The music went back on on the twitch channel and now there's a countdown timer on the youtube feed. 7 minutes time til it hits 0, I wonder what will happen.

What?! THAT'S interesting...

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
it's starting
edit: soon...

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Don't expect anything. This is just the start of their day 2 stream, is all.
Yeah, looks like it :/. Oh what? He just said if people beat this challenenge he'll show a little something. "A little something something:"

It has to be smash related because they were playing smash music

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Prepare for the Dittson reveal guys.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we should have a teamspeak or something. Sometimes there's just too much insanity to be contained within a lowly thread.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Aw it's hyrule warriors. There are more challenges to come though.. but.. I'm going to go shower now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom