• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would really like Monado eater to be implemented in his moveset in some way.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes? Wait captain Falcon is a heavy hitter I though the was a speedster?
I see Captain Falcon as more of a Bruiser, since most of his attacks are devastating more than fast. It is sort of hard to place these characters in the right spots.

To be honest, Captain Falcon is more of a Speedy Bruiser.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Lil Mac could easily be a hard-counter to Shulk if he is a ground based glass cannon.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Another thing detractors say about Shulk is why are you so confident Shulk is playable when there's been no clue or hints (in other words anything shown in game). But honestly that's probably the best reason as to why Shulk is playable. Think about it. Xenoblade is a new first party IP from the Wii era, about to get a sequel. If Shulk isn't playable isn't it odd then that we've seen nothing Xenoblade related. Sakurai at least knows of it's existence, he's friends with the developers and worked with them in the past, so if Shulk wasn't playable we would of seen something by now. A trophy, assist trophy, something, anything and yet nothing. But Wonder Red has a trophy and that came out last year, Steel Diver has a item, Captain Rainbow, one of the most obscure Nintendo games ever, has a trophy, but yet nothing Xenoblade related. Heck Rayman, a character from a company that's barely supporting Nintendo is in the game, but no Xenoblade. Now of course Sakurai could still show Shulk as a assist trophy sometime before September, but I doubt it. If he's holding out on Xenoblade representation for this long it has to mean something.
animu emo sord tho

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Original text:

"Xenoblade Chronicles"

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Xenoblad the story of friendship."

This is too hilarious. Thank you based @TitanTeaTime
I put in "Shulk, heir to the Monado" and 35 translations later I had "On Monday, this feature has been improved".

Which Monday is that? It certainly wasn't last Monday.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I put in "Shulk, heir to the Monado" and 35 translations later I had "On Monday, this feature has been improved".

Which Monday is that? It certainly wasn't last Monday.
to soon man to soon :sadsheep:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hey, were we ever gonna get an image set of all the Smashers Shulkified, like the one earlier with Marth? Y'know, Marth, Buff Marth, and so on? Because I wanna see what kinda Shulk Samus is.
ZZS=swimsuit shulk

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I have no idea how the thread got to this topic, but it's pretty damn awesome.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Original Text:
Riki for Smash!

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:
Secretary General Kofi Annan, FR reconr allergic soaked!

Ah yeah. What is that even supposed to mean?
Thank Sheet cake for finding that amazing translator.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another thing detractors say about Shulk is why are you so confident Shulk is playable when there's been no clue or hints (in other words anything shown in game). But honestly that's probably the best reason as to why Shulk is playable. Think about it. Xenoblade is a new first party IP from the Wii era, about to get a sequel. If Shulk isn't playable isn't it odd then that we've seen nothing Xenoblade related. Sakurai at least knows of it's existence, he's friends with the developers and worked with them in the past, so if Shulk wasn't playable we would of seen something by now. A trophy, assist trophy, something, anything and yet nothing. But Wonder Red has a trophy and that came out last year, Steel Diver has a item, Captain Rainbow, one of the most obscure Nintendo games ever, has a trophy, but yet nothing Xenoblade related. Heck Rayman, a character from a company that's barely supporting Nintendo is in the game, but no Xenoblade. Now of course Sakurai could still show Shulk as a assist trophy sometime before September, but I doubt it. If he's holding out on Xenoblade representation for this long it has to mean something.
Agreed. You know what I've been thinking? I was one of the "Pik-Men" preBrawl (The Olimar support thread for those who didn't remember/it wasn't obvious for) and one of the things we always heard aside from "Allimurr 2 smull" was "Why haven't we seen any Pikmin stuff if he's in the game?"

The surefire answer is because it would give it away so hard. (Unless of course it's a trophy of Olimar himself, at which point it would've been despair central.) Once we got Olimar, (which by the way was in the same month the game released in Japan) we saw a plethora of Pikmin content, from music, to stages to trophies.

If we saw a trophy/something for anything Xenoblade related that wasn't Shulk, it would immediately hint waaaay too strongly at something Xenobladey having a good amount of representation. Sakurai does love his element of surprise. (Just look at these trailers. Specifically Robins, Greninjas and Rosalina's.)

I get the feeling that if Shulk gets a trailer, his trailer's going to throw us for a ****ing loop at first. It just wouldn't make sense for Sakurai to show anything Xenoblade related if he wants to maintain the element of surprise.

For something like Rhythm Heaven, or even Ridley or K. Rool, it's less necessary, because stuff from their series won't immediately hint at them. (Because Rhythm Heaven doesn't have an obvious main character), and Metroid and DK already have reps.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'll admit I skimmed your post Banjodorf, but I could not agree with the sentiment more. Xenoblade really is a series that, if it gets in at all, people are going to rage HARD if Shulk isn't in as playable. So it makes sense to keep any and all Xenoblade content under wraps until either launch (when it would be too late for the rage to be less annoying) or till Shulk is revealed.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'm still calling shulk being the last offical character revealed next month

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I sure hope you're right. My body is so ready I can't stand it.
to me it jsut makes alot of sense to because
1. Shulk is the most requested character in the east what better way to get people over their hyped then having their number one character in
2. as said before we got no info yet on zenoblade at all even a enemy from rhyme fever is seen for a spelt at the e3 trailer of 3ds smash run
3. with both the company retweeting each direct showing they know he is in but not sure when announced the shulk's voice actor even said he has done some character acting for a game but can't say who yet hinting it is shulk since smash is such a high end game

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
few special surprises mewthree or pikablue confirmed :D (hope someone gets the joke)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Could it be the day? :D
I'm not gonna get hype about that. We do that too often and get disappointed. I'm actually more hype to see what the playable roster is for the tournament.

If we get Shulk, I certainly won't be surprised if we see him next month, though. Like, before the CoroCoro article comes out. (On the 12th.)

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling that if Shulk gets a trailer, his trailer's going to throw us for a ****ing loop at first. It just wouldn't make sense for Sakurai to show anything Xenoblade related if he wants to maintain the element of surprise.
Agreed. I hope the trailer tries to fool us and then all of the sudden throws Shulk in there. I want to be hit in the face with hype so suddenly hard that my brain explodes out the back of my head before I can even scream in excitement.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I hope the trailer tries to fool us and then all of the sudden throws Shulk in there. I want to be hit in the face with hype so suddenly hard that my brain explodes out the back of my head before I can even scream in excitement.
The trailer begins with Sakurai eating lunch.
He gets a text. He goes to watch TV.
All of a sudden Shulk's fighting Ness.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
that's pretty much what happen to me since robin was my 2nd hope for smash I was so mad lucina got in but then I seen Elwind and I slammed my keyboard and shouted NO WAY! and I screamed when I seen him

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I'm thinking that Shulk has a chance of being announced at Comic-Con since they said "special surprises". If he is announced, I'm willing to bet it'll be with Ness and/or Lucas since the Mother anniversary is on the same day of the "special surprises". Could you imagine the hype if that happened though? And then "You will know our names" and blasting through the speakers showing off Shulk and Ness in Sm4sh.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm thinking that Shulk has a chance of being announced at Comic-Con since they said "special surprises". If he is announced, I'm willing to bet it'll be with Ness and/or Lucas since the Mother anniversary is on the same day of the "special surprises". Could you imagine the hype if that happened though? And then "You will know our names" and blasting through the speakers showing off Shulk and Ness in Sm4sh.
That would be nice; however, I am thinking Sakurai is mainly being a big tease. I would gladly eat my words though if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom