• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Height Ranking (Tier list idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trishkebac0n

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMexicanGaming
3DS FC
0216-1832-3977
I'm sure you've all probably seen the letter grade Super Smash Bros tiring system for categorizing smash bros fighters. Me and some friends came up with a more general method of categorizing fighters based on height. It's meant to have more fighters in each category to give a more general idea of how good each fighter is. The names for the tiers were chosen based on how we'v heard people reference how good a fighter is. Here are the tiers for the Height Ranking method:

TIERS
Top Tier: Highest tier.
Very High Tier: Not quite top tier, but still extremely good.
High Tier: Fighters that aren't top tier material, but are still well above average.
Mid-High Tier: Above average.
Mid Tier: Average.
Mid-Low Tier: Not bad, but not as good for a competitive scenario as those ranked higher.
Low Tier: Not horrible. Still usable for battling outside of home, but it should be more challenging to win.
Very Low Tier: Chances are you will seldom find these go far in an official tournament.
Bottom Tier: Lowest tier.
TBD: To be decided, for characters that are unable to be ranked.

Please use this method of ranking if you like it to increase it's popularity!

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Bottom tier: Kirby when he's ducking.

Fake edit: completely misunderstood the topic title. Or... did I...?

I've never had a problem with letter ranks. They're already stacked with the best on top when presented, so I'm not sure if a change is required. If that's what you're insinuating.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The lettering system is pretty much as general as it gets.

Trishkebac0n

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMexicanGaming
3DS FC
0216-1832-3977

I've never had a problem with letter ranks. They're already stacked with the best on top when presented, so I'm not sure if a change is required. If that's what you're insinuating.
I'm not saying this should replace the letter ranks, it's just an idea for a different way to rank fighters. I usually hear my friends say a fighter is "Top Tier" or "High Ranked" so I based this off of that. It's meant to be easier to use when talking about fighters rather than looking at fighter statistics.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Casual verbal recognition is natural. Nobody's Very few people are going to realistically say "Diddy is S-tier" in conversation. Of course they'll say "top tier" or "high ranked", because that's what they are. They're at the top of the list. They're high on the list.

Trishkebac0n

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMexicanGaming
3DS FC
0216-1832-3977
Casual verbal recognition is natural. Nobody's Very few people are going to realistically say "Diddy is S-tier" in conversation. Of course they'll say "top tier" or "high ranked", because that's what they are. They're at the top of the list. They're high on the list.
Exactly. It is somewhat redundant and I also like the letter tier, this is just a fresh idea for tiering. Wether this gets used or not is up to others. For now, it remains nothing more than an idea. I'm fine wether it takes off or remains here, I just wanted to put this out there.

D

Deleted member 269706

This is the exact same thing as an ABC tier, but with a different title for each level. There's nothing new about this idea.

_gold_

Smash Master

Yeah, I thought that was what the OP meant too. But wouldn't it be Jiggly when she deflates w/ her taunt?

Spirst

Okay, I'm going to close this since it really doesn't contribute anything new. The letter grades are synonymous with the rankings listed here for the most part and in conversation, it's more common to hear the latter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom