• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Healing off of an invincible as Ivysaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
When the opponent has respawn invincibility (possibly also when they have other kinds of invincibility) Ivysaur can still heal off of them with up-smash, dair and uair sweetspots. It won't damage orflower the opponent, but Ivysaur will still heal percent and charge Solarbeam.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
That's intentional and has been there since Ivy was released.
Stupid me, then, couldn't find an instance of it being called intentional.

Why make it, though? Seems like an odd feature to add intentionally.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I don't really get it. Especially since they removed the feature of healing off of balloons and Fly Guys.
Because you heal from hitting the opponent in general. That's just how it's meant to be, so it works whether they actually take damage or not. It benefits you so I don't see a reason to complain.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Because you heal from hitting the opponent in general. That's just how it's meant to be, so it works whether they actually take damage or not. It benefits you so I don't see a reason to complain.
Not complaining, just seems very odd.

Narpas_sword

Balloons and fly guys are completely different to attacking your invincible opponent, don't you think?

Resolved by pmdt as not a bug.
Thanks for your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom