• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Headset help...help out an aussie

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
I have just recently bought a Loigtech ClearChat Stereo PC headset, and have plugged both in the correct slots on the computer (microphone being pink and headset being blue). I can hear perfectly fine through the headset, but when it comes to talking, I cannot. I went control panel > speech > configure microphone, and it doesn't register any sound. I then go control penal > sound and audio devices > voice > default voice > and there is no drop down bar of any Logitech device, only SigmaTel Audio which I have no idea what that is. My friends on a program 'Steam' cannot hear me either, but I can hear them (and yes I am pressing the button to activate chat!).

Help me from down under!

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Yes I turned the mute off. Also, it works on my sister's laptop fine, so I know it works.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
I don't know what to tell ya. The key is working with it in Audio Devices in the Control Panel, which I assume you've tried already. Other than that... uh... trying different slots? *shrug* Or, y'know, you might need a driver update for your computer.

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
I have tried different slots, all over the computer. Both when I have the mic in the front or back mic jack, it doesnt work. Although how do I do a driver update? =]

Top Bottom