• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawlucha: The Luchadore Hawk Pokemon Drops In

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice

Hawlucha For Smash!
I was surprised to find there was no thread for this character yet so I went ahead and made one. I think Hawlucha would be a great and well suited character for Super Smash Bros. 4 and if you do as well then consider supporting this thread and voting in the Smash Fighter Ballot. If you don't, well, maybe I can convince you.

Who or what is Hawlucha?
Hawluca is a Pokemon introduced in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. It is a a Fighting/Flying type with a character design influenced by birds of prey and Mexican masked wrestlers or "lucadores", hence the name.

Why is Hawlucha suited for Smash?
As a Pokemon Hawlucha has access to a wide variety of powers and attacks which could be applied to a Smash moveset. As a Fighting type it focuses on physical moves (perfect for any fighting game) and yet also has a wide array of special moves to add variety. Hawlucha is visually and thematically distinct from the other Pokemon characters and indeed the whole roster of characters.

There's already too many Pokemon in Smash!
Says who? The roster police? As many others have discussed there's not set allotment of "roster slots" for each franchise. If there are enough unique and popular characters to be found then there can be more in Smash.

What are Hawlucha's chances?
I can't say definitively of course as I'm not a member of the Smash team, but I would guess fairly good. Pokemon as a whole is one of Nintendo's juggernaut franchises and of the new pokemon introduced in X and Y Hawlucha has proved one of the more popular ones. This all means that Hawlucha as a DLC character could safely be said to sell well to die hard Smash fans and casual players alike. Plus, as mentioned, Hawlucha has plenty of potential gameplay-wise and is aesthetically unique.

And with that the defense rests. Maybe at some point I'll put up a moveset and/or start a supporter list. If you have anything to add or would like to rebut my points or anything really feel free to reply. Thanks so much for reading.

(image credit to Bulbapedia)

Top Bottom